GTX 950 Bottlenecking a Core i3 - 6100?

Hey all, I am new to this site but I need help in understanding what is going on here. I am confused heavily by Satellite reign and some info that leads me to believe that my GPU is bottlenecking my CPU.To show this I took a screenshot of a location where the framerate tanked and the GPU was almost at capacity and while simultaneously the CPU was far from maxed out. I don't know why this is happening with a budget CPU and GPU, maybe it is just Unity or some sort of performance bug with the game but I would appreciate any suggestions. P.S. I get 35-45 FPS in normal (non tanking areas) on High and no effects turned on. Thanks for any help!

Specs:

Intel Core i3 - 6100

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC 2GB

1Tb 7200 RPM Seagate hardrive

8Gb 1666mhz DDR3

500WT Corsair CX PSU

Windows 10 Edu edition56df1187c0004_SatelliteReignUsagestats.t

I don't think the gpu can really bottleneck the CPU, its just a matter of what you're doing isn't maxing out the cpu, but it is graphically intensive.

what game is that? if thats the new xcom, its known that its really badly optimized atm

usually you want to be your GPU to be your limiting factor in games, and it looks likes it's the case right now which is fine.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Thanks guys, just wondering. I had heard somewhere else that if there was no bottleneck that both your CPU and GPU would be around 100%.

What about if a game is not running okay, not great, and the stats for both CPU and GPU are at like 50% what would that indicate? Why would at least the GPU be near 100%?

3 hours ago, Walshonius said:

Thanks guys, just wondering. I had heard somewhere else that if there was no bottleneck that both your CPU and GPU would be around 100%.

What about if a game is not running okay, not great, and the stats for both CPU and GPU are at like 50% what would that indicate? Why would at least the GPU be near 100%?

I'm not sure what you mean

12 minutes ago, Adreyu said:
Just now, Adreyu said:

I don't think the gpu can really bottleneck the CPU, its just a matter of what you're doing isn't maxing out the cpu, but it is graphically intensive.

what game is that? if thats the new xcom, its known that its really badly optimized atm

Nah Its Satellite Reign, really cool game. Indie title so optimization is not always the best. CyberPunk XCOM but in real time. it is extremely hard. Yea I had heard that XCOM 2 was really poorly optimized so I stayed away

1 minute ago, Adreyu said:

Sorry what I meant was that he was saying that if CPU and Gpu usage was near full potential (100%). that would be the best indication that no bottlenecking was occurring. I guess he did not know what he was talking about

U can't have 100% on CPU and 100% on GPU in real life game.
Too much is in flux (ie. U R in control of what U R seeing and what CPU/GPU are doing).

Instead of focusing on that silly "Bottlenecking XPU", U should focus on getting most out of your money (by checking games which U play, and comparing their tests with what can U actually buy).
In one game U can have places with 20/80 and 90/40 CPU/GPU utilisations - 100% place related.
Not getting 100% out of something ain't going to go away - deal with it, or don't use utilisation measuring software :P

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64