No CMOS jumper plastic?

I have 2 CMOS jumper pins and I need to reset my CMOS because my computer wont boot into bios because of a failed OC, (JBAT1) but I have nothing to put there (like a jumper plastic thingie) was my motherboard supposed to come with one??? I bought my motherboard brandnew and I seem to not find it, if it did come with one :C. I really dont want to remove the battery or short the pins with a screw driver please HELP!

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 4.49.50 PM.png

I do believe if you pop the little coin battery out, boot the computer then put the battery back in, it should clear the CMOS

apart from shorting it with a screwdriver you really have no other option if you dont have the jumper. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

2 minutes ago, derick90 said:

apart from shorting it with a screwdriver you really have no other option if you dont have the jumper. 

will these work: http://www.microcenter.com/product/217945/254mm_Standard_Jumper_Caps Also if this is what happens when I fail at overclocking does this damage the CPU??? If so I will never overclock again.

those look like they should work, and unless you're cranking up the voltage in most cases you're not going to damage your CPU, typically the most you get is an unstable overclock and need to dial it back a bit. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A  CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT  GPUGigabyte GTX 980 Xtreme  RAM:2x8gb HyperX Fury  SSD: 120gb A-Data  HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM - 750gb Hitachi 2.5" HDD  PSU: EVGA SuperNova G1 650W  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  Monitor: 27" AOC LED IPS x 2  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Silent  Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB

HeadsetLogitech G430  

4 minutes ago, Anzules said:

will these work: http://www.microcenter.com/product/217945/254mm_Standard_Jumper_Caps Also if this is what happens when I fail at overclocking does this damage the CPU??? If so I will never overclock again.

unless you go it by little steps the chances of damaging your CPU are very low and if you somehow manage to do that, it's not your fault. I don't know if the jumpers you linked will work but why to buy them anyway? Just use screwdriver or something conductive to short the circuit..

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

4 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

unless you go it by little steps the chances of damaging your CPU are very low and if you somehow manage to do that, it's not your fault. I don't know if the jumpers you linked will work but why to buy them anyway? Just use screwdriver or something conductive to short the circuit..

I'm just really feel sketchy about following things not to the book when it comes to computer parts because I spent ALOT of money on my build

8 minutes ago, derick90 said:

those look like they should work, and unless you're cranking up the voltage in most cases you're not going to damage your CPU, typically the most you get is an unstable overclock and need to dial it back a bit. 

Also my computer wouldn't start to the settings of A 4690k @ 4.2ghz at 1.050V What I had before fine, was 4GHZ with 1.040V, I'm seriously NEVER gonna overclock again because I hate opening my case and touching my parts even with a anti static band I hate doing it, I dont want to break ANYTHING. I was nervous enough building it. I even thought I break the thing when it wouldnt turn on.

Out of curiosity were you able to get the CMOS cleared? 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

Your board will have jumpers in other areas, remember the position of the jumper from its original location. Next use that jumper to clear cmos, then put jumper back.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, derick90 said:

Out of curiosity were you able to get the CMOS cleared? 

umm, no I not doing that yet I may later on today after I convince myself that putting a flat screw driver on the jumper pins is a okay idea. I will probably look up videos on it. I just cant think its right because MSI Global has a video on reseting the CMOS but it says you need a jumper cap  

3 minutes ago, Anzules said:

umm, no I not doing that yet I may later on today after I convince myself that putting a flat screw driver on the jumper pins is a okay idea. I will probably look up videos on it. I just cant think its right because MSI Global has a video on reseting the CMOS but it says you need a jumper cap  

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Your board will have jumpers in other areas, remember the position of the jumper from its original location. Next use that jumper to clear cmos, then put jumper back.

^^^^ Didn't even think about that, If you want to be absolutely sure the other pins are in the proper position just snap a pic of where it was before you take it off. 

HeadsetLogitech G430  

29 minutes ago, derick90 said:

^^^^ Didn't even think about that, If you want to be absolutely sure the other pins are in the proper position just snap a pic of where it was before you take it off. 

I didnt find any, my motherboard dont have any :C

22 hours ago, Anzules said:

I'm just really feel sketchy about following things not to the book when it comes to computer parts because I spent ALOT of money on my build

Lol I also do but it's not sketchy at all. It's just making a connection between two pins on your motherboard. I spent ALL of my 3 year savings and could do that with no problem at all.

1 hour ago, Allshevski said:

Lol I also do but it's not sketchy at all. It's just making a connection between two pins on your motherboard. I spent ALL of my 3 year savings and could do that with no problem at all.

Did it work did it reset your cmos?

On 3/8/2016 at 4:07 PM, Allshevski said:

Did it reset your cmos?

I just short my cmos pins with a screwdriver lol 

A simple touch bridging the two pins will reset cmos. 

Just take the battery out. There is nothing at all sketchy about it and it wont damage anything lol. It is literally the easiest thing to remove off a mobo. I would think you would be more sketched about shorting pins than simply removing a battery.

Just use a key or a flathead screwdriver. There's no need for a special jumper.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

On 3/7/2016 at 6:31 PM, Anzules said:

I didnt find any, my motherboard dont have any :C

What board do you have? Model

That manual pic looks like msi?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

What board do you have? Model

That manual pic looks like msi?

Yea MSI z97s SLI KRAIT EDITION 1150

9 hours ago, Anzules said:

Did it reset your cmos?

Yes, why wouldn't it? It's the most basic thing in a PC tech that people who have never used a computer before could do. It's just touching two things with a third thing to make contact between them. Jumper does the same but is only a little bit nicer.

2 hours ago, Anzules said:

Yea MSI z97s SLI KRAIT EDITION 1150

Then remove battery and power cord for 15 minutes and put everything back.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!