Tablet for college as an engineering student

ben7on

Hi guys I am looking for a tablet to take notes in class because I am giving my laptop to my sister. It needs WiFi, cellular data is optional storage isn't a major issue as I'll just put it all onto my computer. I don't mind what make or os. 

My budget is around $260, 180 £ or 240. Also due to living in South Africa my options are limited so any input or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

<deleted>

Wrong thread.

“Forgive me my nonsense, as I forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.” — Robert Frost

A lot of people suggested me a Windows tablet seeing as I'm facing the same problem myself. Lots of them come with one year free Office subscription and remain speedy if you don't install much on them (and given the limited storage some have, they will always be pretty fast). 

Now, screen size comes to play. The 8 inch tablets are really nice for some simple one-handed work and paired with a Bluetooth keyboard you can take notes on the cheap. Some 10 inch tablets already come with a keyboard like the Acer One 10. They're a bit pricier but a couple of them can pull out 8+ hours of battery life on moderate use. That's a lot of note taking. I think I'll go with the 10 inch tablets because I also need to do programming in some of my classes. The keyboard is really helpful. 

The End is Near

Most recent benchmark: Click

20 hours ago, Zjurc said:

A lot of people suggested me a Windows tablet seeing as I'm facing the same problem myself. Lots of them come with one year free Office subscription and remain speedy if you don't install much on them (and given the limited storage some have, they will always be pretty fast). 

Now, screen size comes to play. The 8 inch tablets are really nice for some simple one-handed work and paired with a Bluetooth keyboard you can take notes on the cheap. Some 10 inch tablets already come with a keyboard like the Acer One 10. They're a bit pricier but a couple of them can pull out 8+ hours of battery life on moderate use. That's a lot of note taking. I think I'll go with the 10 inch tablets because I also need to do programming in some of my classes. The keyboard is really helpful. 

It looks like I am also going to have to use mine to do programming as well. I was looking at the Yoga 3 8" but maybe I should look at the 10" and maybe invest in a keyboard at a later stage.

Thanks for the reply!