home theater build

got a max US $600 budget for netflix, hulu, kodi, and webstreaming. plenty of sata ports on the motherboard. i have a monitor and mouse/keyboard

Do you plan to game on this at all? If not then you honestly don't need to pay this much for something that requires very little resources.

Dude... $600? You can spend less thN 300 probably. Go for a low power chip like a Intel Skylake Prentium or a AMD AM1 Athlon. Go for 8gb of ram but you could get away with 4gb. No graphics card is needed. Maybe grab somthing like a r7 250 in case you want to do a little casual gaming in the future. Asrock have some good offerings in a mITX form factor that have the h110 chipset, onboard wifi and lots of sata ports. 

Go for a 60gb ssd for the os and grab a hdd of whatever size you feel is nessisary for you media. Maybe up the ssd sizeif you want to store some application but 60gb is super, super cheap. 

Look at the node 202 for a case. It comes with a nice psu. Failing that, look at silverstone's sg13 and sfx power supplies. 

Look for a nice cooler and fan to go along with this. I reccomend the NFF12 and the NHL9i, both from noctua. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/44hpqs
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/44hpqs/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.58 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($63.49 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Rosewill RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.57 @ Mac Mall) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($30.00) 
Total: $374.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-06 23:45 EST-0500

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ for windows 10. It's a lot cheaper + people sell genuine windows 10 keys.

A sound card is optional if you're an audiophile and already have a good audio setup. 

You can look for a WiFi card if you aren't going to be using Ethernet. 

Also, since your budget is $600, you can add a Graphics card to your liking, I'd suggest a GTX 750 TI if you are doing medium weight gaming, those usualy cost $100-120 ish

cool thanks for the suggestions

• 2 weeks later...

ok so built it but it wont boot 1 long beep 2 short beeps, tried taking ram out and made sure they are plugged into the right ports tried just one stick, all nothing gonna clear cmos but idk

no video card unless you mean onboard graphics