Liquid temperature same as CPU core temps under max load?

Go to solution Solved by Beeeyeee,
7 minutes ago, tatelee69 said:

Hi there,

I'm kinda confused I'm running a stress test with Aida right now with my kraken at full speed and I'm looking at my cam software and it says my liquid temp is 36C and then my current CPU temp is 24C and 35C on each socket.

Do I need to reapply thermal paste or is my kraken working properly? I just never thought your liquid was suppose to be warmer than you CPU or the same temp as your sockets...

no thats totally normal dude. your liquid can keep your CPU cooler than it is haha. but its okay dude I keep my fans on 50 max and under total full load its fine.

Hi there,

I'm kinda confused I'm running a stress test with Aida right now with my kraken at full speed and I'm looking at my cam software and it says my liquid temp is 36C and then my current CPU temp is 24C and 35C on each socket.

Do I need to reapply thermal paste or is my kraken working properly? I just never thought your liquid was suppose to be warmer than you CPU or the same temp as your sockets...

7 minutes ago, tatelee69 said:

Hi there,

no thats totally normal dude. your liquid can keep your CPU cooler than it is haha. but its okay dude I keep my fans on 50 max and under total full load its fine.

As long as the coolant isn't getting up into the 50s C, you're fine, as that's the point where it could become a problem for your pump and components. If you think your coolant is too hot, you need to tweak your fans or add more radiator space. Reapplying thermal compound isn't going to affect coolant temperature, and your CPU temps appear to be fine.

At the same time, your reported CPU temperatures may not be correct.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

12 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Okay thanks bro lol first time having a liquid cooled PC so still getting the hang of things 

A lot depends on where the sensor is. I don't know, but I'd bet that it's in the pump/block. You know, the hottest place there is in the circulation. But the water coming from the radiator is cooler than that. You know, having just been cooled.

Thats impossible, your CPU temp reading is probably wrong, do you have an AMD CPU?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 minutes ago, spwath said:

Thats impossible, your CPU temp reading is probably wrong, do you have an AMD CPU?

Yeah fx 8320 

1 hour ago, tatelee69 said:

Yeah fx 8320 

Then cpu temp is wrong, common problem.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

19 hours ago, spwath said:

Then cpu temp is wrong, common problem.

I heard tho when temperatures are below 30C it's not accurate so since it's not accurate that means the temps are low enough for me not to worry