Choises for a new build

Been doin' water cooling for a while and have recently started planning out a new build. For the next build I will go with hard line tubing and a top mounted 480 in addition to my side mounted 560 as well as a tube res.

Currently I am looking for a good quality tube rez. Been using different setups in a few builds in the past but I am new to tube reservoirs and hear there are some challenges with them.

The following have struck me as nice options:

• Primochill CTR Phase II, Nice simple looks, but I have read some really negative stuff about their QA process.
  • Monsoon MMRS Modular, looks like there are some really great lighting options.

How are the quality of the Primochill CTR? I have been reading some really nasty stuff on their QA process.

Monsoon looks great is there anything special I should remember when buying one? Anyone have experience with the quality?

8 hours ago, girion said:

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

For a tube res unit EKWB makes some really nice clean ones, as for Primochill I haven't heard of anything bad from them specifically, as for the Moonsoon ones they are good if your like to build your own res and create a certain look. 

13 hours ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

For a tube res unit EKWB makes some really nice clean ones, as for Primochill I haven't heard of anything bad from them specifically, as for the Moonsoon ones they are good if your like to build your own res and create a certain look. 

Hi W-L thanks for the answer. The modular design is why I find Monsoon so appealing.

I'm planning on using the fittings but the silver bases have put me off a bit.

2 hours ago, girion said:

Hi W-L thanks for the answer. The modular design is why I find Monsoon so appealing.

I'm planning on using the fittings but the silver bases have put me off a bit.

If your talking about the silver plated versions barb section of the fittings I wouldn't recommend them especially if you plan to have nickel in the loop since they are borderline dis-similar metals in a loop environment. It would be better to go with a regular fittings and a biocide if there is nickel in the loop or a premixed fluid.