Cheapest Camera for Video You'd Recommend?

I am on a very tight budget, most if not all of my camera gear is DIY, and the only semi-professional tool I have is my Nikon D40 which doesn't shoot video. I could use my Lumia 1020, but honestly it's not the best even though it does take nice video, and I'd like a dedicated camera/camcorder. What would you all recommend? Used is of course an option, older stuff is cool as long as it shoots at least 720P.

I'd really like:

-Manual focus even while shooting video

-Mechanical or optical zoom, not digital zoom or whatever.

-Interchangeable lenses would be super cool, but:

-Not too wide angle of a lens if the lens is fixed to the camera.

So yeah, I just need a recommendation that's cheap, perhaps an older DSLR that shoots video or something. I probably can scrounge up a couple hundred bucks, but something the price of a new entry level DSLR like the D3100 is too much. Don't care which brand it is as long as it's reputable, Nikon is preferred if possible.

I was actually going to get a Canon 518 Super 8 today (it was $50), but I would imagine film would be even more expensive in the long run and very hard to process. But that's besides the point. Thanks in advance, @byalexandr

Is the Canon T1i any good? It seems to record 1080p just fine, quite pretty actually. I can get one on eBay for less than $200 with a basic lens. Any thoughts?

A majority of fixed lens video cameras will tend not to have a focal length wider than 24mm @ FF equivalency.  So you wouldn't have to worry about that.

As for a camera recommendation... if you already have the equipment to record audio externally (in case the camera doesn't have a mic port) and have some camera mountable or external lights, just buy any camera you'd feel comfortable buying for such a small budget.

Perhaps a used Canon 550D?  Or get a camcorder, there are nice ones for under $300.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

7 hours ago, ALwin said:

A majority of fixed lens video cameras will tend not to have a focal length wider than 24mm @ FF equivalency.  So you wouldn't have to worry about that.

As for a camera recommendation... if you already have the equipment to record audio externally (in case the camera doesn't have a mic port) and have some camera mountable or external lights, just buy any camera you'd feel comfortable buying for such a small budget.

Perhaps a used Canon 550D?  Or get a camcorder, there are nice ones for under $300.

I was actually thinking of at T1i/500D, what's the difference between this and the 550D?

And what camcorder would you recommend?

15 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I was actually thinking of at T1i/500D, what's the difference between this and the 550D?

And what camcorder would you recommend?

The 550D records in more standardized frame rates for video.

As for a camcorder, assuming that your maximum budget is $300, pick one that has the specs you like.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|1&ci=1871&setNs=p_PRICE_2|1&N=4294548093&mxp=300&srtclk=sort

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

14 minutes ago, ALwin said:

The 550D records in more standardized frame rates for video.

As for a camcorder, assuming that your maximum budget is $300, pick one that has the specs you like.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|1&ci=1871&setNs=p_PRICE_2|1&N=4294548093&mxp=300&srtclk=sort

I'll go for this one unless I found a used 550D at the time of purchase:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1023204-REG/canon_8gb_vixia_hf_r50.html

Thanks for the help!