Fan not working correctly on my mobo

SawmanTheNerd
Go to solution Solved by SawmanTheNerd,

I fixed the problem i flashed the mobo and all is good

I have an Asrock X99 extreme4 it has 3 or 2 chassis fan headers and when i plug in my pwm noctua NF-F12 fan to the PWM header it will power on and stay at a constant 450-460 rpm and I try to use Fan-tastic tuner to change it but it doesnt do anything it just sits at the 450-460 rpm?? Any thoughts? P.S. bad grammar because phone lol.

Noctua NF-F12s come with a "Low Noise Adapter" that reduces the fan speed, it looks a lot like a PWM extension cable. Would you happen to have used that accidentally?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

55 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Noctua NF-F12s come with a "Low Noise Adapter" that reduces the fan speed, it looks a lot like a PWM extension cable. Would you happen to have used that accidentally?

No its coming straight from the fan into the mobo. It cant be faulty fan cause this is the 3rd one i tried. This seems insignificant  but its a linustechtips special edition

3 hours ago, SawmanTheNerd said:

No its coming straight from the fan into the mobo. It cant be faulty fan cause this is the 3rd one i tried. This seems insignificant  but its a linustechtips special edition

Shouldn't work any different from a normal one ;3

You said you used "Fan-tastic tuner", is that in the UEFI or is it software? The five seconds I usually allot to Googling things like that didn't give me a clear answer...

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

Shouldn't work any different from a normal one ;3

You said you used "Fan-tastic tuner", is that in the UEFI or is it software? The five seconds I usually allot to Googling things like that didn't give me a clear answer...

I use UEIF and Ikr googling didnt work for me either

3 hours ago, SawmanTheNerd said:

I use UEIF and Ikr googling didnt work for me either

I'm assuming you tried all the fan headers on your mobo if you tried all your fans...

What settings in the tuner did you change?

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

I'm assuming you tried all the fan headers on your mobo if you tried all your fans...

What settings in the tuner did you change?

Yes i even tried the 3 pin to just see if they were broken and when i booted it was working for a second and then it shut the fan off. I put the fans to full speed for the purpose of finding out what was wrong and nothing same with standard and performance mode. I even tried custom setting the fan curve but luck to no extent.

According to manual, only one of headers support PWM. If you use fan on the 3pins, they use voltage control instead of PWM. As for software, it says to be using curves. So if you PC is idling or under low load, fans will stay at low speeds. Use heavy benchmark etc. to test how curves work.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv