H110i GTX not being recognized

Hello everyone,

I built my new system today (build log following) - and I'm having an issue with my H110i GTX / Corsair link.

The cooler seems to work fine (fans are spinning, LED is lit up etc) but the cooler isnt being recognized by Corsair link and it is being listed as "Unknown USB Device" in the device manager (at least I think thats it) -> did I plug something in wrong?

Thanks!

Typically the Corsair link software is pretty crappy. I did not even bother installing it for my H110i GT. You could try Corsairs forum to see if there is an updated version. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I bought an H110i GT the other day, so I might be able to help. Have you tried a different USB header on the motherboard? Is there a driver you can download from Corsair's website? Have you got all the cables plugged in? Have you got the latest version of Corsair Link (4.X, I believe)?

My H110i GT just worked, but I know the GTX is actually made by a different company, despite both being Corsair branded, so may have different set up process. 

I have a normal GT, my mistake.

Well I think I have everything plugged in right (it seems to work afterall) -> but I have not tried another USB header, maybe thats it.

Out of curiosity: how would a different header make a difference?

I couldnt find a driver yet besides the Corsair link itself.

2 minutes ago, DaMainMan said:

I have a normal GT, my mistake.

Well I think I have everything plugged in right (it seems to work afterall) -> but I have not tried another USB header, maybe thats it.

Out of curiosity: how would a different header make a difference?

I couldnt find a driver yet besides the Corsair link itself.

I don't know, I have USB headers I've never used (and probably never will) , so I'd have no idea if they were faulty. It was just something that came to mind. 

We have exactly the same AIO then. There's no driver for the GT, just the link software. Do you have the latest version of link? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? My GT was just plug and play and, contrary to popular opinion, I've been enjoying Corsair Link and it's been working perfectly. 

I think the problem is that windows wont recognize the USB device itself... I tried switching to a different USB header with no result. It keeps saying "Device Descriptor Request Failed"

17 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Im using the ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger

Go into BIOS, navigate to the Monitor tab, turn off qfan control for the CPU fan header, then scroll down a bit on the screen to settings for the CPU Fan and make sure it's set to PWM and full power. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury