Deionized Battery Water = Distilled Water?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
7 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Is deionized battery water the same as distilled water?

Is it safe to put in my loop?

Thanks.

It's recommended to use distilled water over de-ionized stuff the main difference being the ions in the water are gone so when in the loop it readily strips them from metal parts in the loop. 

Thanks.

Don't know much about liquid cooling, but if I remember my chemistry classes (which I probably don't) they're fairly similar.

I wouldn't think there'd be an issue.

7 minutes ago, xHadrian said:

Thanks.

It's recommended to use distilled water over de-ionized stuff the main difference being the ions in the water are gone so when in the loop it readily strips them from metal parts in the loop. 

23 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thanks.

On 05/03/2016 at 7:41 AM, xHadrian said:

Thanks.

I've been using DI water for a year and a bit now with no ill effects because finding Distilled water in the UK is incredibly difficult unless you want to pay through the teeth for a large 25litre drum of the stuff.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd