Looking for Game Testers

We, the developers of Beam Down, Drone, are looking for people to test our game. Beam Down, Drone is an Action Platformer with a story told through a talking trash can. The game features four bosses, half a dozen abilities and effects, and large amounts of aliens to fight. At this moment, all the content(Levels, abilities, etc.) is finished, and we are awaiting some more art and voice acting. Also, please do note that the game is not at it's best, and it may not even be good at the moment: that is exactly why we are testing. Every good game ever has been tested. 

Signup Link

The only requirements are that you have a Windows PC. If you are a casual gamer, a hardcore gamer, or even a game developer, please do sign up: a large variety of playtesters always benefits a game. 

You can visit our website here: www.beamdown.weebly.com

Our Twitter here: www.twitter.com/BeamDownDrone

Best Wishes,

Shadow

Does this company have an official website?

what about legal documents of the company?

I need proof before I hand my info over.

EDIT: Sorry if this sounded "mean", but you can't just ask for peoples information and expect to get it.

I need to know who/what I am giving it to.

If this is not a legal company, (like a school class, or just a bunch of friends) that's fine.

I would love to play test the game (as long as its free ;) )

but I do need to know what is going to happen to my information.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Did you say ACTION PLATFORMER? Sign me up fam. Am I allowed to stop testing if I don't like it?

2 hours ago, HeyKitty said:

Does this company have an official website?

what about legal documents of the company?

I need proof before I hand my info over.

EDIT: Sorry if this sounded "mean", but you can't just ask for peoples information and expect to get it.

I need to know who/what I am giving it to.

If this is not a legal company, (like a school class, or just a bunch of friends) that's fine.

I would love to play test the game (as long as its free ;) )

but I do need to know what is going to happen to my information.

No, it is not a company. I will provide links to Beam Down Drone's website and twitter in the OP. Your information will just basically be reviewed by me (I'm technically the only one working on BDD full-time) to see what type of tester you are and if we need you for testing. No, you do not have to pay anything (I would pay you guys, but I'm funding this entire project off my own dime)

2 hours ago, Virtual01 said:

Did you say ACTION PLATFORMER? Sign me up fam. Am I allowed to stop testing if I don't like it?

Actually, that's important feedback, so yes, but we do require you to fill out the survey at the end. From what I've seen, though, the game shouldn't take that long.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Gamer said:

Actually, that's important feedback, so yes, but we do require you to fill out the survey at the end. From what I've seen, though, the game shouldn't take that long.

Does it have controller support?

Also, will we receive instructions for testing or is it basically play the game until you find a bug?

Just now, Virtual01 said:

Does it have controller support?

No, currently it does not. I could technically provide it, but the mechanics of the game don't really allow that without it being horrible to play.

1 minute ago, Shadow Gamer said:

No, currently it does not. I could technically provide it, but the mechanics of the game don't really allow that without it being horrible to play.

Your intentional vagueness intrigues me. I signed up btw.

3 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

Your intentional vagueness intrigues me. I signed up btw.

Unintentional, actually. The mechanics of the game are very simple, it's shooter. Would not be optimal to have the player pointing their gun around with a controller.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay, but I just wanted to inform you guys that we are still working on getting the game in a testing-ready state. What that means is when we get Voice Acting, we will start the testing process. A very early test showed that the game's story just didn't work without voice acting because of timings. 

Thank you for understanding.

Best wishes,

Shadow

• 1 month later...

Testing has started, I've shot out three or four emails so far. If you're still active and haven't been emailed yet, then please PM me on the GMC or email (beamdowndrone@outlook.com)

Sincerely,

Shadow