M.2 Questions

I am looking into purchasing a Silverstone Adapter Card to add M.2 to my AMD FX 8350 build and I was wondering if there are any concerns I should be made aware of, such as a lack of support from the motherboard from a PCI M.2 expansion.

I would like to install Windows to one of the M.2 slots on the expansion card.

Link to the card

My Mobo is the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 

WIP Build (Maul):

| CPU: R5 3600 | AIO: Stock GPU: Undecided (Vega 56 prob) MB: B450M RAM: 32gb 16x2 DDR4 3000mhz | PSU: Undecided HDD 1TB m.2 SSD | Case: Inwin 301 | $800-1000 PCPartpicker

Old Build (Vader):

Spoiler

| CPU: FX 8350 | AIO: h100i GPU: G1 GTX 970 MB: 990FXA-UD3 RAM: 8gb Vengence LP 1600mhz | PSU: EVGA 500B HDD 1TB x2 & 120GB Kingson SSD | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 |

Idle: 11-17c, Browsing: 13 - 23c, Load: 22 - 39c | Fedora & Arch Linux | $1,053 PCPartpicker

I know some boards wont boot off of the pcie slot. I cant tell you about yours in particular though. Even the Z97's dont like it much. Really the first boards that do it consistently are the new skylake boards because the chipset was designed with nvme in mind. Its going to be hit or miss.

Definitely first thing is update your bios though.

Also because you have an AMD chip (iirc) youre limited to gen 2 lanes which means there will probably be bottlenecking if you go with something like a 950 pro. If you werent going to use something like that its better just to get a regular SSD because it runs at sata speeds anyway.