HTML and CSS menu bar help

martward

Hi everyone,

I am working on a responsive webdesign for my work. I am having major problems wiht making a nice menu though, and I am really close now. 

I have a navigation bar which works very well on the desktop, and looks very nice on the mobile phone. I have a problem with the dropdown menu though.

So when the menu opens, a list of links is shown, some of these links will have submenu's which are shown when the link is pressed. The problem I have is that if I have opened a submenu, and then click on a link from the first list which does not have a submenu, then a link below will be clicked in stead of the link I actually clicked. In the picture the problem occurs when I have opened "Locaties" (as has been done) and I want to select "Kwaliteit". Instead of going to the link "Kwaliteit" it will open the submenu of "Inschrijven". It is almost as though the text has moved but the links somehow stays where it is.

If I click another link with a submenu there is no problem, and if I click a link with or without a submenu that is above the link I have clicked there is also no problem.

Screenshot_2016-03-03-23-59-44.thumb.png

Does anyone have an idea?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Tested the site and none of the links are set to anything in the first place except the one that sends you to tweakers

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Tested the site and none of the links are set to anything in the first place except the one that sends you to tweakers

Yes I know, I haven't made the rest of the links yet. Sorry should have mentioned that. The thing is that if you open op the locations tab and the try to click the link that sends you to Tweakers, it will actually open up the "Inschrijven" tab (problem occurs only on mobile devices).

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Any particular reason you aren't using bootstrap to do it?

Also when following your instructions I am unable to reproduce the error using Chrome on iOS.

I tested this on multiple devices and they all redirect to tweakers.net (the url your anchor element has). I also can't see the arrows and text your dropdown menus have in your provided images.

Hi! I'm a developer.

11 hours ago, jslowik said:

Any particular reason you aren't using bootstrap to do it?

Also when following your instructions I am unable to reproduce the error using Chrome on iOS.

8 hours ago, tomudding said:

I tested this on multiple devices and they all redirect to tweakers.net (the url your anchor element has). I also can't see the arrows and text your dropdown menus have in your provided images.

Thanks for the replies, I didn't expect people to answer after a couple of hours so I forgot to check my messages sorry. I have created a new navigation, so the problem is no longer present.

My System:

Spoiler