Replacement for Nokia E71

MG2R

OK, I'm starting to accept that my Nokia E71 will not last me forever. I'm looking into options that might end up replacing it in the near future. The problem is: I can't seem to find anything that suits my needs.

My phone be capable of:

• running VoIP
  • running an SSH client
  • acting as a GPS
  • having multiple IMAP mailboxes with per-box sync settings and schedules

So far, this sounds like about every smartphone on the market, but here's the catch: it MUST have a full keyboard (as in buttons). I can't stand touchscreen keyboards one bit.

It would also be preferred to have a decent build quality. I'm not the type of guy that puts his phone in a cover, I'd only do that to protect the floor I drop my phone on ;)

Does anyone here know of such a thing that is affordable (so -unfortunately- no BB Q10)???

Does a Nexus 4 suit your needs but is cheap for a smart phone and you can get a app for the GPS

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Does a Nexus 4 suit your needs but is cheap for a smart phone and you can get a app for the GPS

Did you even read my question? Quote: "but here's the catch: it MUST have a full keyboard"

These are indeed within spec... I actually looked at a Blackberry when buying my E71. It seems to be the only quality phone that suits my needs (And that is still available)

Too bad all these phones are old :/ would've been nice to find something newer.

Who knows, maybe I'll buy a second hand E71 once mine finally bricks.

Thanks a lot so far :) if anybody else has any suggestions, shoot!

where do u live ?

there are moto phones in the US with a full qwerty keyboard

EDIT

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/motorola-droid-5-with-qwerty-slider-43-inch-hd-display-leaks-again-417137

this

its coming soon

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

where do u live ?

there are moto phones in the US with a full qwerty keyboard

Belgium, the epically expensive country when it comes to electronics...

Don't want a slider... Bad experiences

Belgium, the epically expensive country when it comes to electronics...

Don't want a slider... Bad experiences

well thats too bad

most android phones with those are 2 years+ old now

the newest phone u can get is the Q10 black berry or Q5

ill check if they support the things u mentioned

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ok the new black berries support Skype

just made a google search and there is an ssh app (just double check on that your self)

yes there is GPS

and of course its blackberry its email support is insanely better that anything else  (slick talked about this before)

oh and you can run android apps on blackberries

not sure how good they are on smaller screens though

1-620x410.jpg

the Q5 is on the left and the Q10 on the right

they both have the same specs

a dual core krait soc

its pretty modern and the OS is just wonderful and smooth

if there is an app u really want thats no available on the Blackberry store something like an ssh client or FTP client (productivity stuff)  just get  the android version

the method is called sideload

Hadn't heard of the Q5! It does seem like a worthy device :)

I'm hoping it drops a bit in price by the time m E71 actually doesn't suffice (which will be rather soon, I'm guessing). Thanks for your help!

Finally a thread about Blackberries! :D  Both the Q 5/10 (personally own the Q10) will fill your needs and then some.  Look into prices and see if you can get a deal on the Q10 and if not look at the Q5. Both are phenomenal devices. If you have anymore questions on BB I'll be around to answer them :)

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |