What do you think my PC is worth?

Mattsoup
Go to solution Solved by Starelementpoke,
2 minutes ago, Mattsoup said:

I didn't know what other category to stick my question in, so I put it here.  About a month ago I built my computer, and I'm moving into a new building that doesn't allow desktop PC's because they're a "fire hazard" so I'm going to buy a gaming laptop.  The question is, how much do you thing I can sell my current machine for? (I bought all parts new and it's in almost new condition)

Specs

Case: Coolermaster N200

PSU: EVGA 500B

CPU: Athlon X4 860k

GPU: R280 3GB

Mobo: Asus A68HM-K

RAM: 16 GB Kingston

Hard Drive: 1.3 TB Seagate Disk

Cooler: Hyper T4

Like $400-$550 if selling all together? Might be able to get $600-$650 parting it out.

I didn't know what other category to stick my question in, so I put it here.  About a month ago I built my computer, and I'm moving into a new building that doesn't allow desktop PC's because they're a "fire hazard" so I'm going to buy a gaming laptop.  The question is, how much do you think I can sell my current machine for? (I bought all parts new and it's in almost new condition)

Specs

Windows 10

just go on amazon and collect all price lists and take a pourcentage off each component by the time you had them , if you had it for 1 month you can basically resell it 0,10 pourcentage off but i mean do a generous offer like 5% off

2 minutes ago, Mattsoup said:

I didn't know what other category to stick my question in, so I put it here.  About a month ago I built my computer, and I'm moving into a new building that doesn't allow desktop PC's because they're a "fire hazard" so I'm going to buy a gaming laptop.  The question is, how much do you thing I can sell my current machine for? (I bought all parts new and it's in almost new condition)

Specs

Like $400-$550 if selling all together? Might be able to get $600-$650 parting it out.

Value is in the eye of the beholder... And... There is an ass for every seat.

Id probably pay 400 for that but im not your target market. List it on craigslist or ebay for the value of the parts and wait for someone to make you an offer 

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Take $10-$20 off each part and sell it on eBay... That or make a post on Craigslist.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Would parting it out be a better choice?  I could easily do it but I would think you lose more money because of separate shipping

Just now, Mattsoup said:

Would parting it out be a better choice?  I could easily do it but I would think you lose more money because of separate shipping

Charge shipping fee. You don't have to make it free shipping. However that does make it more of an attractive offer.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Just now, Mattsoup said:

You could have buyer pay shipping. Besides, it should cost roughly the same as shipping price rises the heavier the thing is.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

You could have buyer pay shipping. Besides, it should cost roughly the same as shipping price rises the heavier the thing is.

I'll just do price comparisons on the separate used parts vs the whole unit.  I was just curious what people might pay for it.

That CPU is a real bummer. 

12 minutes ago, Mattsoup said:

I didn't know what other category to stick my question in, so I put it here.  About a month ago I built my computer, and I'm moving into a new building that doesn't allow desktop PC's because they're a "fire hazard" so I'm going to buy a gaming laptop.  

Right, so they want you to buy an item with a Li-ION battery pack instead of something without. Because those aren't totally well-known fire hazards xD

Man, some people should not be in charge when it comes to making rules.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

That CPU is a real bummer. 

Right, so they want you to buy an item with a Li-ION battery pack instead of something without. Because those aren't totally well-known fire hazards xD

Man, some people should not be in charge when it comes to making rules.

No argument from me, and the CPU is crap because I went for an uber budget build.  Bet you'll overestimate how much it cost to build.

I guessed with some of the parts... but this is what PC part picker says its worth if you were to buy the parts brand new. 

Z4FSxVg.png

Just now, aflyinghotpocket said:

I guessed with some of the parts... but this is what PC part picker says its worth if you were to buy the parts brand new. 

Z4FSxVg.png

I built it last month.  I know how much it costs new.

get a really cool ass case and sell it for $700

13 minutes ago, Mattsoup said:

I built it last month.  I know how much it costs new.

I think you might be a little disappointed if you are trying to make $600+ off this system as it sits. Many (not all) people who build gaming rigs would rather buy the parts brand new anyways, but some people are fine with second hand systems or parts. The people that will buy second hand systems are most likely going to want to get a good deal on the system they are buying. 

If you were selling this to me? maybe $500 on a good day. The processor is really holding that thing back i'm sorry to say.  Your best bet in my opinion would be to part it out on Craigslist and hope for the best. 

Best of luck with the sale though ;)

On 3/2/2016 at 3:10 PM, jaffer said:

get a really cool ass case and sell it for $700

I don't know about you, but I think the case I have has a good appeal to it

5 hours ago, Mattsoup said:

I don't know about you, but I think the case I have has a good appeal to it

It does but you know it has to appeal to that audience who just care if it looks cool. you know the really flashy lights, the red color scheme..