Installing Android 5.1.1 back on my Moto G 3rd gen?

pipnina

The update to android 6.0 basically made my phone useless. It made it so that I can either have files on my SD card or apps... Before it let me have both and since the phone only has 8GB of internal storage (5GB usable on 5.1.1, 4.5 on 6.0) it's not enough to have one or the other on the 64GB SD card. They have to share.

Unless there's a workaround to getting the SD card to play nicely, I'd like to ask for help in getting android 5.1.1 back since the factory reset did nothing. I read about having to go to each app (incl system apps) and deleting their cache & data but I figured a factory reset would do the job... clearly hasn'f fixed anything though...

Help appreciated!

~pip

Hey, have you tried searching for the firmware (google Moto G 3rd gen firmware)? That's all I have to to with my galaxy s5, but it is probably different. If you can find something you will have to flash it from your PC. It doesn't void the warranty as far as I am aware but it is nothing for someone with lack of experience.

[EDIT]

Quick search on XDA finds that you can put the firmware on an SD card and install it through stock recovery:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/index-moto-g-factory-firmware-images-t3169639

I am unaware of your knowledge with phones but some help: If you have the 8GB model you will have 1GB of ram, also take extra care and make sure you get the right model number from XDA, failing to do so could potentially brick the device. Find the model number in Settings/About Device/Model Number.

If you are still having issues feel free to PM me :D

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG