Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism low volume

Go to solution Solved by Psycho_,

I fixed the mic somehow but now the microphone volume is just super low, I heard this might be a problem with windows 10

HI,

My microphone volume is so low you can barely hear me. I heard this might be a problem with windows 10 but idk

Please help!

Thanks

Press the button on the headphones, maybe the mic is muted.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

if this does not work, plug the mic into another device, if it works, go to steelseries support and tell them the software is buggy if it doenst work ask for rma

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Where's the button?

It's on one of the sides, it's the circle in the middle of the LED.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It's on one of the sides, it's the circle in the middle of the LED.

I can't use any of them as a button

It should beep when you push it.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

It should beep when you push it.

I can't push it in, and when I try to push it, there's no beep

2 minutes ago, Psycho_ said:

I can't push it in, and when I try to push it, there's no beep

turn the ring thingy on the left earcup

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

turn the ring thingy on the left earcup

Reveal hidden contents

The only thing I noticed is that the mic started glowing and should work but it still does not work (no beep sound)

Just now, Psycho_ said:

The only thing I noticed is that the mic started glowing and should work but it still does not work

try plugging the headset into the splitter of 3.5mm jacks, then plug the mic into your motherboard or something
if this worked then the siberia software is buggy

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

try plugging the headset into the splitter of 3.5mm jacks, then plug the mic into your motherboard or something
if this worked then the siberia software is buggy

No difference

1 minute ago, Psycho_ said:

No difference

did you try turning the knob? iirc lightup = muted, but i could be wrong

try it with the single 3.5mm jack and plug it into your phone and try, if it still doesnt work then you have a faulty microphone

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

did you try turning the knob? iirc lightup = muted, but i could be wrong

try it with the single 3.5mm jack and plug it into your phone and try, if it still doesnt work then you have a faulty microphone

Nope, nothing. I was just wondering, it stopped working when I updated the device, so the mic must still be working but maybe its the update? I don't know

Just now, Psycho_ said:

Nope, nothing. I was just wondering, it stopped working when I updated the device, so the mic must still be working but maybe its the update? I don't know

i dont think the headset have any build in chip that enables or disables the mic
thats why i told you to test it on your phone, incase your computer is being funny with it
in any case, i suggest you contact steel series' customer service and seek advice from them to see what your next move should be as there're only so much you can do yourself

also, i did not mention clearly that the single 3.5mm jack is the one with with 4 metal contacts, not the one with two ends (3 metal contacts on each end)

the 4 metal contact 3.5mm jack is the one you should plug into your phone, so if u did it wrong, my bad

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i dont think the headset have any build in chip that enables or disables the mic
thats why i told you to test it on your phone, incase your computer is being funny with it
in any case, i suggest you contact steel series' customer service and seek advice from them to see what your next move should be as there're only so much you can do yourself

also, i did not mention clearly that the single 3.5mm jack is the one with with 4 metal contacts, not the one with two ends (3 metal contacts on each end)

the 4 metal contact 3.5mm jack is the one you should plug into your phone, so if u did it wrong, my bad

No, I understood that :)

I fixed the mic somehow but now the microphone volume is just super low, I heard this might be a problem with windows 10