Why do Windows 7 updates take so long?

threadysparrow

I have an SSD and a 100 mbps connection and 66 megabytes takes 5 full minutes to download and install.

I don't know much about the registry and programming but I assume it is because it has to install critical files and what not and that is why it takes so long.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I have an SSD and a 100 mbps connection and 66 megabytes takes 5 full minutes to download and install.

It's the supply speeds that are causing the bottleneck here.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Aye, the server you are downloading on is uploading real slow, just stupid microsoft hating people.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Oh you guys and your first world problems <_< . We barely get 1mbps in india.  :D

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Oh you guys and your first world problems <_< . We barely get 1mbps in india.  :D

You seem smart enough to be able to make a nice living for yourself though, so don't be too down on your problems. The fact that you can even list PC specs is great considering that many people from very highly populated areas are too poor to even buy a small PC anyways. Have faith my friend.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Oh you guys and your first world problems <_< . 

Exactly.

"oh oh I only have money for 250ml of Coca-cola today, me wants MOAR!" - USA

"oh oh my son and daughter haven't eaten for half a week now, I wonder if we'll make it till the end of the month" - Africa

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

I hope nobody thought that I was complaining like a spoiled American. I certainly am not like that at all.

I hope nobody thought that I was complaining like a spoiled American. I certainly am not like that at all.

I was just joking.

You seem smart enough to be able to make a nice living for yourself though, so don't be too down on your problems. The fact that you can even list PC specs is great considering that many people from very highly populated areas are too poor to even buy a small PC anyways. Have faith my friend.

I know that i am more fortunate than many other people and i am just a 17 year old living on parents money but that doesnt mean i dont know the value of money.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom)