Headphone Recommendations

Hey there!

I am looking for a high-quality pair of headphones. Mainly for mixing, sound design, as well as simply listening to music.
I listen/record mostly jazz, acoustic, and then various metal and death metal music. I would like something with adequate bass and low end, yet clarity for the mids and high end. Really just something good all-around! haha. Sound cancellation is also a high preference!
Price range is $100-$200 yet still open for more/less if it is worth it.
Comfort is also a big thing since my ears get sore easy when using headphones with stiffer pads.

Show me what you've got! Thanks, guys!

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

AKG K553 Pro

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Hi friend, have you checked the stickied post at the top of this subforum? It contains a list of the best headphones in every price range and gives descriptions of the sound too. It was made just for your question, so go check it out!

PC: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.6 GHz, 1.296v, Air 24/7 -- Windforce R9 270 @ 1200/1400 -- MSI Z87-GD65 -- 16GB DDR3-1866 -- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Audio: Thiel CS1.2 Speakers -- Tripath Amps -- CS4398 DACs -- MiniDIGI 2x8 Active Crossover/DSP --  Stereo Bass via 2x Vifa 10", Linkwitz Transform'd to 25hz -3db

17 hours ago, noahkmccoy said:

Hey there!

I am looking for a high-quality pair of headphones. Mainly for mixing, sound design, as well as simply listening to music.
I listen/record mostly jazz, acoustic, and then various metal and death metal music. I would like something with adequate bass and low end, yet clarity for the mids and high end. Really just something good all-around! haha. Sound cancellation is also a high preference!
Price range is $100-$200 yet still open for more/less if it is worth it.
Comfort is also a big thing since my ears get sore easy when using headphones with stiffer pads.

Show me what you've got! Thanks, guys!

Awesome! I will check that out! I'm new here so I'm not too familiar with everything yet. 

I Appreciate it!