PSU Too Loud

fishymamba

Hey guys! So I used to have a 660Ti when I first built my computer, but I sold it because I needed money. And now a little while ago I picked up a used 7970 for pretty cheap so I can start playing games again. The card has a nice open cooler design so the fans are pretty quiet while gaming even with almost a 100% continuously. My CPU has a hyper 212 and the fan is always set to 35%, keeps the CPU cool enough. 

Case fans are a bunch of cheap NZXT ones, but I have a lot: 2x120 + 1x140 intakes 2x140 + 1x120 + PSU exhausts. I keep all the case fans on the low setting using my case's built in controller so they are super quiet. 

So with the old 660Ti, I never even heard the PSU, but now with the 7970 the PSU turns up quiet a bit and I can hear it over all the other fans in the system. Since the PSU itself works fine and provides enough power for the system(have had no problems even with max load tests), I don't really want to replace it, I just want to make it quieter. 

I have seen people doing PSU fan replacements, but I'm unsure what I would replace it with. Opening up the PSU and digging into it is not a problem for me. Any advice?

Should I replace the fan? Will it help? If yes, what fan should I get for it?

The PSU I am using is a Antec Neo Eco 520w. I made sure to get a good PSU for the system originally, this one is manufactured by Seasonic which from what I know are the best in the PSU market. 

If I can quieten it, I'll probably just have to live with the noise. Can't justify getting another PSU just for noise. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

the power draw of the HD7970/280x is way higher than the 660Ti

so yea the PSU is supplying more wattage and this means more heat and the fans have to ramp up

unlike the GPU where you can set fan curve.

PSU have it own thermal sensor to adjust the internal temps

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.