Disappointed

Rosabonita

The forum is good but it is still young when compared to other tech forums like Tom's Hardware which have been around for ages. I don't think the forum has a very wide user base, its mostly made up of PC gamers, and there aren't heaps of programmers, or electronics enthusiast to be honest. For example a post about which is the best graphics card gets 3 pages worth of responses, but posts talking about Raspberry Pi or Arduino get very few responses. I think this is because almost everyone here is because of Linus' videos, which used to be centered around PC gaming, however he is really broadening his viewership so hopefully that should bring some new people.

I've posted for years now on another tech forum, which was very well known, having seen a downturn of attitude there I moved on. 

I have to say for myself, so far this forums been pretty sweet.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the super delayed response. Thank you all for your responses and, where offered, support. I love the show and hope to come to love the forums. As it is, I think a more measured introduction may suit me best and as such will most likely refrain from posting for a while. Thank you again.

OP have you thought about writing a book? Your word choice is fancy~

As for noobies, post elsewhere before jumping to news. I posted 2-3 news posts. First went fine, got a couple pages of replies. Next two were reposts (kind of my fault since I didn't check first but yolo!) and was immediately told so. For the threats about bans or w/e, the mods are pretty lenient and will warn you before giving you a strike.

Unless you do the same offense 5x back to back purposely ignoring their warnings, nothing will happen.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

My best advice. Read about hardware. Then build a PC.

Then ask more specific questions, such as what ram should I use? 

I appreciate everyone which is interested in hardware. 

But I try to avoid generic questions because it's complicated to answer.

So it's easy to forget mentioning something important. 

Sorry if I come off as elite attitude. I'm trying to help. 

I think it has to be said, I don't care if you had to look up some of those words, but that was said beautifully.

gg

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Eh I've been on this forum since August of 2014 and I do have to say I've seen many people been banned or leave and I don't mean for this to be taken the wrong way but it seems that as time has passed the useful members have all left or have been banned (which is a shame but I don't totally think that the moderation team is 100% the bad guy or that they're evil people even if their punishments seem harsh)

As others have said this forum is still pretty young... So I guess I just leave it at that.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization