LG G4 stuck in boot loop after root attempt, need help fixing

helpmeplease

I followed this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/g...-root-t3128241

Here's what I did:

Unlocked bootloader
Booted into TWRP (version 3.0) (didn't install, just booted into)
Flashed SuperSU
Rebooted into system

Now whenever I boot the device I'm stuck in a boot loop. 
I can get into download mode, and I've tried using LGUP but it didn't recognise the model of my phone so it didn't work. I also tried flashing a stock kdz using LG Flash tool but it gave me an error.

If someone helps me out and manages to fix my phone I'll gladly give you something in reward. 

Did you try a factory reset?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Before trying a factory reset, try wiping the dalvik and rebooting.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

You can either try to root again or go look for a stock rom for it, bricked my phone way to many times from failing a root

I can't do any of that though, I can't send any adb commands through. No way for me to boot into twrp or anything 

Can you get into fastboot, when the phone is booting hold power and volume down. If you can, factory reset from there.

I can't seem to get into fastboot mode. Only something called download mode which I'd never heard of until I got an lg g4. 

You should be able to get into TWRP from booting to recovery mode

I didn't install TWRP. I just booted into it. I can't get into any recovery mode. the only mode I can get into is download mode

Just now, helpmeplease said:

I didn't install TWRP. I just booted into it. I can't get into any recovery mode. the only mode I can get into is download mode

From what I have just read, download mode is the same as fast boot/recovery. If there is a factory reset option, try it.

Just now, drc00k3 said:

From what I have just read, download mode is the same as fast boot/recovery

I can't send any adb commands through whilst in download mode. 'adb devices' doesn't return anything

I can't send any adb commands through whilst in download mode. 'adb devices' doesn't return anything

ADB doesn't work in download, try 

fastboot devices

Is download mode is what you get from pressing power + volume down until the splash screen appears?

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Is download mode is what you get from pressing power + volume down until the splash screen appears?

I think so

1. Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power button for a few moments).
  2. Then, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons – don’t release the keys.
  3. Keep pressing the buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed.
  4. At that point release the buttons for about 1 second.
  5. After that immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.
  6. The recovery mode menu should be then displayed on your LG G4.
  7. You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.
  8. Choose “reboot system now” when you are ready to go back to Android OS.

1. Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power button for a few moments).
  5. After that immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.
  7. You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.

Except do a factory reset instead of step 8

5 minutes ago, drc00k3 said:

ADB doesn't work in download, try 

fastboot devices

Fastboot devices didn't do anything, it didn't even say 'List of devices attached' like I would expect.

4 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

No recovery mode came up

Fastboot devices didn't do anything, it didn't even say 'List of devices attached' like I would expect.

No recovery mode came up

Did you install the USB drivers for your phone?

Just now, drc00k3 said:

Did you install the USB drivers for your phone?

yes, all drivers are installed 

Try at least a couple more times, it takes at least a couple tries to get it right.  If you need, look it up on youtube to make sure you're getting it right.

2 minutes ago, helpmeplease said:

No recovery mode came up

Is there a factory reset option?

Try at least a couple more times, it takes at least a couple tries to get it right.  If you need, look it up on youtube to make sure you're getting it right.

I've been trying stuff like that for a few days now, there's no way I'm doing it wrong.

I don't know how you would have deleted your stock recovery, but if you managed to do that, you're up shit creek without a paddle.

2 minutes ago, helpmeplease said:

I've been trying stuff like that for a few days now, there's no way I'm doing it wrong.

There might be a bricking issue with the G4, remove the battery, reinsert it and turn the phone on

1 minute ago, drc00k3 said:

There might be a bricking issue with the G4, remove the battery, reinsert it and turn the phone on

The only way he should be able to turn the phone off is by battery removal.