Who knew picking a case could be so hard

WaitDontSh00t

I'm going to be getting a new case soon for my new build. Though I'm surprisingly having a more difficult time finding one than I thought I'd like.

Even though a custom loop can look amazing, I will not be doing one because:

1. I can't/Don't know how

2. It'd look ugly

3. Don't really want the hassle that comes with custom loops

Etc...So I will only be using AIO's. So airflow is important too. I want a nice big window, some sort of design other than just a plastic box and to look..I guess I could say not like cheap plastic. I have been looking at two cases so far, though I'm not quite sure how they are. One is the Corsair 760T and the other is a Phanteks Ethoo Luxe. My max budget for a case is probably somewhere around the $180 range.

As far as my build goes, I'm planning on a 6700k with some sort of AIO 280mm. Along with that I will be getting a 980 Ti Hybrid. (Possibly 2, can't decide yet).

Back to case design, any sort of design I'd like, for example the Luxe has an alright design (I don't think it's plastic?) and it has built in LED lights (Which is a plus for me).

I'd need room for the CPU AIO 280mm, and possibly 2 Hybrid rads as well. A good amount of fans would be a good bonus to airflow too. Preferably want to stick to Black/Dark Colors. 

Any input on those cases or recommendations for other cases are greatly appreciated! I am so torn on a lot of parts for my PC, I'd love to at least get a case picked!

Thanks!

Me. Me. Me. I knew!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Get Phanteks Evolv ATX. That's what I would buy for "huge window" and enough space for rads.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

5 minutes ago, mapegl said:

Me. Me. Me. I knew!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Get Phanteks Evolv ATX. That's what I would buy for "huge window" and enough space for rads.

That agree it look sexy. 

Magical Pineapples

You can't go wrong with pretty much any Phanteks full-towers, really. The Evolv ATX and the Luxe get my vote, and its up to you on personal preference on which one you'd prefer (honestly, I don't mind the higher price on the Evolve ATX because 10/10 I'd fap to it... despite that I really like the Luxe's look, but damn... Evolv ATX is sexy af)

just wanted to say +1... I have spent literally a hundred hours trying to choose my case. SO long infact, I am on a borrowed computer until I can figure it out. 

Yea... 

You should still take a look at the Define S.  

Different look obviously. But an amazing midtower  and an insane value. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Well dang...Now I am even more torn, thanks guys..

Haha..They all look so nice, I think I'm mainly between the Evolv and Luxe as of now. I know the Evolv is smaller, but I think it would fit everything. Just can't decided as of now!

On 2/29/2016 at 5:23 AM, WaitDontSh00t said:

I'm going to be getting a new case soon for my new build. Though I'm surprisingly having a more difficult time finding one than I thought I'd like.

Even though a custom loop can look amazing, I will not be doing one because:

1. I can't/Don't know how

2. It'd look ugly

3. Don't really want the hassle that comes with custom loops

Etc...So I will only be using AIO's. So airflow is important too. I want a nice big window, some sort of design other than just a plastic box and to look..I guess I could say not like cheap plastic. I have been looking at two cases so far, though I'm not quite sure how they are. One is the Corsair 760T and the other is a Phanteks Ethoo Luxe. My max budget for a case is probably somewhere around the $180 range.

As far as my build goes, I'm planning on a 6700k with some sort of AIO 280mm. Along with that I will be getting a 980 Ti Hybrid. (Possibly 2, can't decide yet).

Back to case design, any sort of design I'd like, for example the Luxe has an alright design (I don't think it's plastic?) and it has built in LED lights (Which is a plus for me).

I'd need room for the CPU AIO 280mm, and possibly 2 Hybrid rads as well. A good amount of fans would be a good bonus to airflow too. Preferably want to stick to Black/Dark Colors. 

Any input on those cases or recommendations for other cases are greatly appreciated! I am so torn on a lot of parts for my PC, I'd love to at least get a case picked!

Thanks!

maxresdefault.jpg

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

2 hours ago, techguru said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation! Though I'm not too crazy about the design or color. One of my friends does have that case and loves it though!