Is S/PDIF any Good?

abhigyan001

I saw S/PDIF on both by DTH set up box and my TV, I wonder if it has better sound than what I am getting over HDMI?

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

If you have HDMI available, use it ffs. But if not, then S/PDIF. The audio quality and options aren't the only thing, the fact that it's a single device for audio and video is a huge bonus too. But anything's better than analog so S/PDIF isn't useless.

2 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

If you have HDMI available, use it ffs. But if not, then S/PDIF. The audio quality and options aren't the only thing, the fact that it's a single device for audio and video is a huge bonus too. But anything's better than analog so S/PDIF isn't useless.

Thanks.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

1 hour ago, Naeaes said:

Actually, hdmi is superior top s/pdif.

Hdmi carrys uncompressed 7.1, spdif c has to compress it if it it's past 2 chanels.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

Actually, hdmi is superior top s/pdif.

Hdmi carrys uncompressed 7.1, spdif c has to compress it if it it's past 2 chanels.

That's what I said. xD HDMI > S/PDIF > Analog

3 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

That's what I said. xD HDMI > S/PDIF > Analog

Oh yeah, right.

I wouldn't say they are definitively better than analog

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."