4.0 sound from 2 sound cards?

Hello,

I have 2 sound blaster play 2's and i was wondering if there was a way that i could use the two of them to cover Front L+R and Rear L+R, from a video program. I'm helping set up an outdoor theater for a local youth group and we have access to 2 sound systems. so is there a way that we can run 4.0 sound over the 2 systems? The front and back speaker systems will be around 10 - 15m apart from each other. I know i could do it with a mobo with a realtek sound card but were planning on using a laptop that only has a 4 pole audio out.

Thanks,

Josh

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

nope

there is no intercommunication between sound cards unless somehow you can manage to find a custom driver that allows windows to use both as a combined output, which ive never ever heard of being possible

just split the 2.0 audio to 4 speakers and that will work fine, just without surround effects and stuff

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

nope

there is no intercommunication between sound cards unless somehow you can manage to find a custom driver that allows windows to use both as a combined output, which ive never ever heard of being possible

just split the 2.0 audio to 4 speakers and that will work fine, just without surround effects and stuff

Well that's unfortunate, does anyone else know of a way to do this, the original video file  is 5.1

11 minutes ago, JJHW149 said:

Well that's unfortunate, does anyone else know of a way to do this, the original video file  is 5.1

yeah, buy a cheap 5.1 sound card off craigslist

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah, buy a cheap 5.1 sound card off craigslist

are there usb ones?

2 minutes ago, JJHW149 said:

are there usb ones?

probably, just not very good ones

Spoiler

10 hours ago, JJHW149 said:

are there usb ones?

Yes.

Just search usb 5.1 sound card

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You can try using something like this, it's not stellar but works on both Windows and Mac.

ICUSBAUDIO7D.Main.jpg

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

The best way you can aproach that is by passing the audio digitally throught hdmi to a receiver. The problem is that unless the receiver has outputs for the preamps you'll be forced to use the amplifier itself for the speaker driving...

PD: Looks the're aren't very good sorround external cards out there :/ What a pitty, but it's still an option