Tesla Model S most sold car in Norway

KaareKanin

When the Tesla's Model S successor eventually drops to $30K USD these things will sell like hotcakes.

I know a few compromises will have to be made but electric cars are the future. The cheaper model might not have the nicest interior, a massive touch screen, or even a sun roof but it won't run on gas and kill the environment.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Cars most surely "output" CO2, and some, but very little CO (as a result of incomplete combustion). CO clings on to your blood cells, prohibiting other stuff, like O2 to hitch a ride. I don't think CO has any other mentionable side effects.

Considering that it in general is way worse for the environment to produce a new car and take advantage of the cleaner technologies than it is to simply run an old car, and add in the filthy process of making batteries, I'm not prepared to just succumb to your claims. Another thing, lots of cars these days exhaust cleaner air than they intake (in big cities). That won't happen with electric cars. :P

i thought the only carbon footprint cars put out was CO gas, not any of the other derivatives like dioxide.

i thought the only carbon footprint cars put out was CO gas, not any of the other derivatives like dioxide.

Then you learned something new today ;-)

Hydrocarbons and oxygen come together, if the combustion reaction takes place like it should, you would get water and carbon dioxide. In an ideal world the balanced reaction could look something like

2x C8H18 + 25x O2 -> 16x CO2 + 18x H2O

You'll notice that each atom has used up all its connections in all molecules, they are considered stable.

CO on the other hand, isn't, as the carbon atom will have two free connections, that's probably why it's bad for you

You get nothing for free, as in Gas or Electric they both consume un-natural products and produce waste of some type, the only way around that is if you walk...

Neither is optimal, just one is politically better than the other, and then it depends which side of the political balance beam you're on.

If anything the Tesla's are quieter, but you know some $#*#@ is going to complain that they were startled by such a quiet car or didn't see them because they were too quiet. Its a matter of time till the haters come out, or eventual.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

You get nothing for free, as in Gas or Electric they both consume un-natural products and produce waste of some type, the only way around that is if you walk...

Neither is optimal, just one is politically better than the other, and then it depends which side of the political balance beam you're on.

If anything the Tesla's are quieter, but you know some $#*#@ is going to complain that they were startled by such a quiet car or didn't see them because they were too quiet. Its a matter of time till the haters come out, or eventual.

In the Northwest area of North America a lot of our power is hydro-electric. Basically powered by falling water so no waste.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Might be true, but also wrong. The more hydro power we use, the less we can sell on to others, thus they'll have to use more "dirty power". Or even, the more we use, the less we'll have during winter and the more we'll need to buy from others, again "dirty power". 

Until politicians stops being sissies and decides that Thorium is the way to go, those arguments aren't all that great.

Vannkraftverkene har såkalte vinterlager for å unngå det, har netopp hatt presentasjon om temaet  :D  :D 

Vannkraftverkene har såkalte vinterlager for å unngå det, har netopp hatt presentasjon om temaet  :D  :D

First off, even if we are fellow Norwegians, have some respect for all the others here and use english ;)

Translation for all others:

The hydro power stations have so called winter reservoirs to avoid just that. I have just given a presentation on the subject :D :D

Secondly, 

Even so, it's not uncommon for Norway to purchase electricity from places like Germany during winter time.

to bad that car costs like 72.600 euros in belgium . if it would cost like 15 000 euros i would have bought it.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I wish i could afford one.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Itto be snowing andcold althetime? I'll have to get a v10 to compensate bring on globalwarming

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

The problem with batteries are that they lose a lot of their efficiency when it gets cold, and in Norway, it is cold all the time  :P So the cars will lose a lot of their range here in Norway  :(

We dont only need electric cars to be more ecological, but to get away from fuel. Oil will run out eventually and when it does and electric cars are not there yet, the economy will just break, since today it relies heavily on gasoline: planes wouldnt fly, trucks wouldnt bring food to stores, noone could drive anymore and many other things.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Actually, in Norway, EVs are for people who want to save money (that's why so many are sold) In the case of the Leaf, depending on where you live, the money you save by not having to pay for fuel and taxes means that by the time the battery needs replacing, you've basically saved more money by choosing an EV than you've spent on purchasing it. 

Another thing is that it would be interesting to do a comparison of the pollution created by one mile by electric power from a power plant and one mile with a normal combustion engine. 

I would say electric cars are a lot more damaging in the long run, even just factoring in the amount of rare earth metals used to produce these cars, then the logistics and the source of the electricity itself. If everyone drove electric cars I am pretty sure we would see some very obvious negative effects. Hydrogen will win, it's natures way!

Also batteries + cold weather, good luck with that :lol:

Surely electric cars aren't that good for the environment as when you throw them away or replace the batteries they are made from harmful material as well as most electric is made from power plants anyway producing god knows how much waste.

Electric cars are for idiots that think they're helping the environment. Where does the power from the charging station come from? Power plants, which are bad for the environment.

Norwegian-produced electricity is 99% hydro- and wind power.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.