help with streaming COD WAW (custom zombies)

AlbinoTexan
Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

force WaW to run in windowed mode, i know cod 4 doesn't like being in fullscreen mode with obs on

so i use OBS and the game won't capture and OBS makes WAW crash when i tab out.

i tried to use raptr and when i did i got a red screen in game. i could hear my mouse move over menu options when i moved my mouse just a red screen, i turned off raptr and red screen was gone.

in OBS i tried to see if the game captured because i can set up the capture window then close the game go back to the game and have it let me play. so i tested that by recoding. and i didn't show up i just had a blank screen but i could hear the game.

and when i tab out of WAW it makes it crash and it only does this when OBS is set to capture WAW. just OBS being open does nothing.

i just tried using monitor capture and it captures my screen. but as soon as i start COD WAW the screen goes white. i can hear the game but it won't capture it.

i am going to break the WR for a custom map so i need some help please. it needs to be recorded

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

force WaW to run in windowed mode, i know cod 4 doesn't like being in fullscreen mode with obs on

oh wow. i did /r_fullscreen 0  in the console when in game on the custom zombie map. (get to console by press ~ (it's under the esc key)

the game is still what looks like in full screen (or maybe borderless windowed?)

but it worked, thanks man  im just saying what i did incase someone else needs to know and finds this.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

oh wow. i did /r_fullscreen 0  in the console when in game on the custom zombie map. (get to console by press ~ (it's under the esc key)

the game is still what looks like in full screen (or maybe borderless windowed?)

but it worked, thanks man  im just saying what i did incase someone else needs to know and finds this.

no problemo fam

it's in borderless windowed mode, most games have far less of an issue in that than fullscreen with obs

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.