GPU Manufacturer Warranty Comparison

Brand Default warranty length (no registration) Warranty length w/ registration (original purchaser only) Transferable? Overclocking supported? (doesn't void the warranty) AMD Nvidia Can you replace the cooler? Cross shipping Best for resale
Asus 3   Yes N Y Y   N #2
Diamond 5   N N Y N   N  
EVGA Lifetime Lifetime (w/ reg) Yes

Yes N Y Yes *E* Yes #1
Galaxy 2 3 N N N Y   N  
Gigabyte 3   ? *G* N Y     N  
MSI 3*   Yes Yes only for 2 years Y Y Yes *MSI* N #2
PNY 3(?) Lifetime     N Y   N  
Powercolor 2   N N Y     N  
Sapphire 2   N N Y     N  
XFX 2 Lifetime (with registration within 30 days) N N Y   Yes, if contact XFX first *X* N  
Zotac 1 accept double dissipation (lifetime) Lifetime of the gpu (when the gpu is not manufactured anymore the lifetime warranty is gone) N N N Y   N  

If anyone can help me update this warranty list (its about a year old atm) that would be awesome. I would love to keep an up to date list on this forum. Possibly make it a sticky (just because i have seen a lot of questions about if a certain gpu under warranty)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I'm almost 100% confident that it should be yes for AMD for EVGA.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 1600 MHz Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Case: NZXT H440 White 

1 minute ago, MarcelKapono said:

Well dont think so? i can't find any. 

Magical Pineapples

8 minutes ago, MarcelKapono said:

I'm equally confident that it's a No.

Also, the info for MSI looks correct AFAIK (currently dealing with my 2nd RMA from them), although I've not had any experience regarding the replacement of the cooler or the thermal goop etc.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

So zotac is <1 year

FYI evga is lifetime with reg with PAYMENT

Here are some peoples experience with the honoring of the warranty 

alright i changed zotac to a year and made evga regular warranty lifetime (assuming lifetime even when sold to another party) also just to let you know i cant see what ever you linked to i just get an infinite spinning wheel 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Maybach123 said:

alright i changed zotac to a year and made evga regular warranty lifetime (assuming lifetime even when sold to another party) also just to let you know i cant see what ever you linked to i just get an infinite spinning wheel 

the link is in my signature

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

the link is in my signature

ahh ok. i will have a look 

im proud of you evga

i have 1 year on Asus, but it is asus Mexico, idk if it is 1 year on USA too

On 2/28/2016 at 7:38 PM, AlexAlcala said:

i have 1 year on Asus, but it is asus Mexico, idk if it is 1 year on USA too

It is

Update on XFX 

Which products are eligible for a limited lifetime hardware warranty?

The following Graphics Cards are eligible for an extension of the standard two-year limited hardware warranty:

XFX Radeon R 200-Series Double Dissipation Edition and HD 7000 Series Double Dissipation Edition Graphics Cards.
XFX Radeon R-Series and HD 7000 Series Graphics Cards with 10-digit model numbers ending in “R” (example: “FX-797A-TDFR”)
XFX Radeon HD 6000, HD 5000, and HD 4000 Series Graphics Cards
XFX GeForce GT 640, GT 630, 520, GT 430, 200, 9000, 8000, 7000, 6000 Series Graphics Cards purchased after April 17, 2007.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

• 1 year later...

Does replacing the stock heatsink for watercooling on a EVGA GPU void warranty even if the stock heatsink is put back on?

• 2 weeks later...

EVGA has a 3 Year no registration warranty I believe. My EVGA GPU died less than a month after the 3 Year Warranty period. I was told it was not under warranty anymore :/