Corsair Scimitar experiences, need help

Hi, so I'm thinking of getting the Corsair Scimitar, at the moment I have a Razer Naga Epic. I know, I know, pretty similar mice but I'm looking for a quality of life upgrade of sorts as the naga is more or less useless for MMORPG gaming in wireless mode for me, as it stops tracking from time to timeand is generally not that trustworthy at times (especially the critical ones). I am convinced that this has to do with the drivers Razer makes, because honestly... what else could there be? The mouse won't even always work when I boot up (and this is when wired), though I've found that between some wirless wired switching along with plugging and unplugging will usually get it to work after some tries (but it's really annoying).

I am wondering if someone has some Scimitar experiences to share, how are the drivers, any trouble? How reliable is it? I have a friend that works at an electroncs store and he's going to let me take one out of the box and get to know how it feels in my hand and stuff, so that's not a problem. the naga is also a little bit small for my hands even though I have medium hands.

Any advice is appreciated

Just to disclose this i got mine form Corsair for free. So take my advice with that in mind. 

Depending on who you ask the divers are either horrible or great. There are reports of the side buttons not working for some people, but Corsair is working on fixing it. Apart from that there hasnt been that many reports of issues with the Scimitar. 

However CUE has weird macro support and in some games it behaves weirdly. If you can, when your friend shows you the mouse plug it in and see how you like CUE and if it works with the MMOS you play.

PS: if you find the CUE UI horrible dont worry they are working on that too. 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

22 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

Just to disclose this i got mine form Corsair for free. So take my advice with that in mind. 

Depending on who you ask the divers are either horrible or great. There are reports of the side buttons not working for some people, but Corsair is working on fixing it. Apart from that there hasnt been that many reports of issues with the Scimitar. 

However CUE has weird macro support and in some games it behaves weirdly. If you can, when your friend shows you the mouse plug it in and see how you like CUE and if it works with the MMOS you play.

'im possibly looking at purchasing this mouse as well. lets say for the time being i don't need the macro keys and what not, can i just plug the mouse in regularly and use it as a normal USB mouse? i can wait for all the fancy macros and lights, i just need a ergonomic mouse, tried one out at best buy today and i fell in love tbh ha ha.

2 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

'im possibly looking at purchasing this mouse as well. lets say for the time being i don't need the macro keys and what not, can i just plug the mouse in regularly and use it as a normal USB mouse? i can wait for all the fancy macros and lights, i just need a ergonomic mouse, tried one out at best buy today and i fell in love tbh ha ha.

Yes it should work as a normal mouse. If you have any problems with it let me know. 

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

15 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

Yeah I had a look at the Corsair forums and some amazon reviews, but compared to the amount of people who bought it, I think the reason why we see some posts with issues is that those are very vocal, other people that didn't get any trouble probably don't know there issues with it at all.

Well unfortunetly he didn't have it in (all sold out), so I didn't get to try it out, and I think his store manager would have a fit if he saw me playing around with something at their company computers again (I don't have a laptop). I mainly play wow and I'm just going to assume that Corsair made sure their mmo mouse works with the biggest mmo in the western world.

My friend uses a K70 keyboard I think and if he can live with that software then I should be able to do it as well, I'll be setting up the sidebuttons and then just leave it the f*** alone as I'm not that interested in the RGB side of the mouse.

Do you think I'm being reasonable?

6 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

Yes it should work as a normal mouse. If you have any problems with it let me know. 

Will do thanks alot! I'm actually going to purchase it today if bestbuy has the solid black one! 

3 hours ago, Sack said:

Yeah I had a look at the Corsair forums and some amazon reviews, but compared to the amount of people who bought it, I think the reason why we see some posts with issues is that those are very vocal, other people that didn't get any trouble probably don't know there issues with it at all.

Well unfortunetly he didn't have it in (all sold out), so I didn't get to try it out, and I think his store manager would have a fit if he saw me playing around with something at their company computers again (I don't have a laptop). I mainly play wow and I'm just going to assume that Corsair made sure their mmo mouse works with the biggest mmo in the western world.

My friend uses a K70 keyboard I think and if he can live with that software then I should be able to do it as well, I'll be setting up the sidebuttons and then just leave it the f*** alone as I'm not that interested in the RGB side of the mouse.

Do you think I'm being reasonable?

I dont think i can say your being unreasonable for any reason but the K70 non RGB is at end of its life span.This means no more updates for the most part. If your going to get a keyboard i would recommend getting a Strafe RGB. Its way more future proof then a K70 non RGB.

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

20 hours ago, Zheren159 said:

I dont think i can say your being unreasonable for any reason but the K70 non RGB is at end of its life span.This means no more updates for the most part. If your going to get a keyboard i would recommend getting a Strafe RGB. Its way more future proof then a K70 non RGB.

I'm actually getting a K65 RGB together with the Scimitar, with the option of trading it in for a K70 RGB if it doesn't work out for me, and for some reason I just love the red switches, and absolutely hate browns and blues. Also my firend has the RGB version, he was selling the RGB profiles pretty hard with a dragon ball kamehameha profile ^^

2 hours ago, Sack said:

I'm actually getting a K65 RGB together with the Scimitar, with the option of trading it in for a K70 RGB if it doesn't work out for me, and for some reason I just love the red switches, and absolutely hate browns and blues. Also my firend has the RGB version, he was selling the RGB profiles pretty hard with a dragon ball kamehameha profile ^^

oh that one is nice. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=248 http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/rgbshare/hall-of-fame

Between the two links are most if not all the profiles uploaded.

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide