Fan acting strange

AlbinoTexan

So whenever I started my pc up from it being shut off it would make this super loud noise. So I took off my side panel to see what it was. The sound came from my back fan. I thought it might be vibrating becase a screw was lose to I thightend it. It still made the noise ( it usually does for about 10 min then stops) so I just kept the panel off and then I the sound went away then came back but quitter it keep doing this over and over. And when I was looking at my fan as it was Doing that it would slow down to a stop then it would speed back up and make that noise.

the. Eventually it stopped making the noise and it was spinning at like full so idk what's up with it.

it doesr do this every time I start my pc but every time I start it it does make a Loud noise for 5-10 min.

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

11 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

So whenever I started my pc up from it being shut off it would make this super loud noise. So I took off my side panel to see what it was. The sound came from my back fan. I thought it might be vibrating becase a screw was lose to I thightend it. It still made the noise ( it usually does for about 10 min then stops) so I just kept the panel off and then I the sound went away then came back but quitter it keep doing this over and over. And when I was looking at my fan as it was Doing that it would slow down to a stop then it would speed back up and make that noise.

the. Eventually it stopped making the noise and it was spinning at like full so idk what's up with it.

it doesr do this every time I start my pc but every time I start it it does make a Loud noise for 5-10 min.

Sounds like a bearing issue to me. If it still spins and doesn't explode, keep using it unless you can't stand the noise. Or just replace it. Quiet, cheap fans are usually $10~

ASU

I've had this happen before. If tightening the screws didn't help, you could just replace it. Or, if have enough other case fans, just taking it out might not affect performance much.

Core i5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce | MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4 2400 | NZXT S340 Red                                              EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Razer Blackwidow Tournament | Logitech G600 Razer Kraken USB                                                                                                            If you want me to see your post, please remember to quote me!