Will I benefit from adding another fan on my 212 evo

AlbinoTexan

So if I add another fan will it improve temps or will it be the same.

id think it would be the same becase the 2nd fan with make the cpu disaffected haeat faster becase wi will still be absorbing g jest from the pipes at the same rate. If you get what I mean

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

I have found dual fan configurations to only be useful on coolers like this when you run the fans ABSURDLY slow. I think I remember having lower noise at the same temps with two fans, but at higher speeds, it really doesn't make much of a difference

5 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

So if I add another fan will it improve temps or will it be the same.

id think it would be the same becase the 2nd fan with make the cpu disaffected haeat faster becase wi will still be absorbing g jest from the pipes at the same rate. If you get what I mean

yeah, tiny difference. temperatures might decrease by 2-3 degrees.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have found dual fan configurations to only be useful on coolers like this when you run the fans ABSURDLY slow. I think I remember having lower noise at the same temps with two fans, but at higher speeds, it really doesn't make much of a difference

Why would that be?

1 minute ago, AlbinoTexan said:

Why would that be?

When they're running slowly they produce less noise. When running quickly, one fan pushes enough air but when slowly you need two fans to push as much air as you need to cool it.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

Why would that be?

When the fans are running at much lower speeds, they cannot produce a whole lot of pressure, having them in push-pull helps overcome the resistance to airflow. When you run the fans faster (or single fan) then it really is good enough for pushing air through it. If it was a much denser stack of fins, two fans would probably help more.

Just now, Ryoutarou97 said:

When they're running slowly they produce less noise. When running quickly, one fan pushes enough air but when slowly you need two fans to push as much air as you need to cool it.

Ah idk if I'm just not picky with sound or what becase none of my fans are loud to me.

Ah idk if I'm just not picky with sound or what becase none of my fans are loud to me.

The 212 evo's fan is actually really quiet for the air it moves. Two fans are really only needed if you want less noise or just a little bit more OC headroom

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

The 212 evo's fan is actually really quiet for the air it moves. Two fans are really only needed if you want less noise or just a little bit more OC headroom

I can't oc on my boards as its a phase 4 but I have had troubles with cpu temps

I can't oc on my boards as its a phase 4 but I have had troubles with cpu temps

If you have been having trouble with temps, increase the fan speed, if that does not help, try re applying thermal paste. If that does not help, try to optimize airflow in your case. Usually the best setup is intakes on the front/bottom/rear, and exhausts on the top. The intake on the back should help get cool air to the CPU cooler, make sure the heatsink exhausts upwards in this config. What does your existing case fan setup look like?

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

If you have been having trouble with temps, increase the fan speed, if that does not help, try re applying thermal paste. If that does not help, try to optimize airflow in your case. Usually the best setup is intakes on the front/bottom/rear, and exhausts on the top. The intake on the back should help get cool air to the CPU cooler, make sure the heatsink exhausts upwards in this config. What does your existing case fan setup look like?

I can only mount my cooler with the fan pulling air from the cooler to my back exhaust fan no room to mount it facing up. Then I have a intake on my top and a intake on the front