Windows update not working with win7

OnekillWalter
Go to solution Solved by OnekillWalter,
7 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'd say let it run overnight or something and if you still don't get any results then there's an issue.

i stumbled on this reddit threat while googling the same problem, but asked diffently...and it works! installing updates right now! share it mate!

Hi there, 

I had to rma my bootdrive SSD and reinstalled Windows7 on my other SSD in the meanwhile, but windows update doesnt find anything. after more than 4 hours it was still looking for updates...is this normal?

I've googled the issue, and the Fixit from Microsoft didnt do anything.

I know MS stopped win7 support in January, but does it mean I can get the lattest update like service pack 3 and other general update from previous years?

I'm quite familiar with reinstalling windows and I never had this issue.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

If it's a really old Windows 7 version this is normal. 

At my last job, before we had preset images, I had to do a clean install of windows 7 on each system that needed to be set up for a new employee.

I worked 12 hour shifts and sometimes didn't finish all the updates.  They come in waves, because some updates must be installed for other updates to work.

So if your windows version is way out of date from a fresh install it could take that long.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

If it's a really old Windows 7 version this is normal. 

At my last job, before we had preset images, I had to do a clean install of windows 7 on each system that needed to be set up for a new employee.

I worked 12 hour shifts and sometimes didn't finish all the updates.  They come in waves, because some updates must be installed for other updates to work.

So if your windows version is way out of date from a fresh install it could take that long.

alrighty then, i'll give another shot. 

Just now, OnekillWalter said:

alrighty then, i'll give another shot. 

I'd say let it run overnight or something and if you still don't get any results then there's an issue.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

i'll try it tonight, but i don't understant why it takes so long now when it use to be alot faster. and its the same windows 7 CD...

7 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

i stumbled on this reddit threat while googling the same problem, but asked diffently...and it works! installing updates right now! share it mate!