AMD’s Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2 Drivers Available For Download – Performance Boost In Rise of The Tomb Raider and AOTS DX12

Mr_Troll
On 28.2.2016 at 9:36 PM, PatrikStar24 said:

There is a workaround that fixes this

Thanks a lot man! I used the 15.9 driver and now it works again! Made my day!

I've personally been getting slightly buggy performance in RoTR. This is with a 290x and 4670k @ 4.3. Especially when I enable my overclock in Afterburner I actually get much choppier performance in all games I've tried (GTA V, Wolfenstein New Order, AC Syndicate, RoTR). RoTR performance is still atrocious in the geothermal valley even after the latest patch for the game as well.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

2 minutes ago, WoodcockJohnson said:

No.

But an even newer driver Crimson 16.2.1 is already out. You should switch.

And welcome to the forum.

Just now, Humbug said:

No.

But an even newer driver Crimson 16.2.1 is already out. You should switch.

And welcome to the forum.

Awesome, thanks I didn't notice that was out. On it!

Also thanks for the welcome!

6 hours ago, WoodcockJohnson said:

I've personally been getting slightly buggy performance in RoTR. This is with a 290x and 4670k @ 4.3. Especially when I enable my overclock in Afterburner I actually get much choppier performance in all games I've tried (GTA V, Wolfenstein New Order, AC Syndicate, RoTR). RoTR performance is still atrocious in the geothermal valley even after the latest patch for the game as well.

Make sure you're not using the highest texture setting. It requires more than 4GB of vram. Use the second highest instead.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

Make sure you're not using the highest texture setting. It requires more than 4GB of vram. Use the second highest instead.

Okay thanks for that. I think I have it set on High but I'll check to see. I know other people are having issues in the Geothermal Valley as well even on tank hardware. Most other places run at a buttery 60fps, even ones with high detail and long distance. And turning other settings down in GV doesn't seem to make much difference. There were one or two places like this in TR2013 that got fixed with a patch as well (was a cpu issue with object display in that one). This one I feel it's something to do with all the steam everywhere and the way the lighting interacts with it because during the night time in the same area it's not as bad.

Edit: Yeah I just checked it's set on high and it even gives a warning when I change it to Very High that it will take more than 4GB. Still pretty sure it's something to do with optimization. Actually have been waiting for more patches before I finish the game since I enjoy exploring and it's one of the nicer looking areas and the ups and downs really mess with immersion for me.