Which SATA port to use for SSD and HDD

AerisFang

Hi,

I'm running an Asus z170a motherboard and I'm having some trouble with which SATA port to use:

The manual (and the internet) seem to indicate that there is no difference between any of the 6 ports, but on the actual motherboard, I see a little ''OS Drive'' sticker pointing at a specific 2 port connector. (SATA6G_3 and SATA6G_4 in this case)

Do I absolutely have to plug in my SSD in this port? If so, should it be the top or bottom one?

Thanks.

Plug it into any of them.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

11 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

It really doesn't matter to be honest. Every port does a 6gbs transfer rate which sucks but oh well

11 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

Plug it into any of them.

Sounds good, thanks.

14 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

It really doesn't matter to be honest. Every port does a 6gbs transfer rate which sucks but oh well

It doesn't suck, almost all HDD's/SSD's fall within the 6GB/s range (yes, I know the 950 Pro and 750 series and HyperX Predator) so it would make sense that they use the most popular speed.

Just now, TheCovertCamper said:

It doesn't suck, almost all HDD's/SSD's fall within the 6GB/s range (yes, I know the 950 Pro and 750 series and HyperX Predator) so it would make sense that they use the most popular speed.

Well it is my opinion so please don't discredit me, also z97 chipsets vs z170, the z170 is able to run any ssd at much faster speeds than the z97 and it is still a huge limiter when it comes to data speeds. Also due to that quite low limit, it again limits not the max but the average speed of any hard drive. Again don't say my opinion is incorrect because it makes you sound like a あほ、ばか、がいじん、うざいやろ。

1 minute ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Well it is my opinion so please don't discredit me, also z97 chipsets vs z170, the z170 is able to run any ssd at much faster speeds than the z97 and it is still a huge limiter when it comes to data speeds. Also due to that quite low limit, it again limits not the max but the average speed of any hard drive. Again don't say my opinion is incorrect because it makes you sound like a あほ、ばか、がいじん、うざいやろ。

It's not trying to be a stupid foreigner (Google Translate :P) I'm just stating my opinion, along with some facts. 

Just now, TheCovertCamper said:

It's not trying to be a stupid foreigner (Google Translate :P) I'm just stating my opinion, along with some facts. 

がいじん to the Japanese doesn't just mean foreigner. Either way you came of pretty rude and kinda like Taran TBH

2 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

To be fair, opinions are meant to be challenged and defended, so... no, he doesn't sound like a 馬鹿

Just now, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

がいじん to the Japanese doesn't just mean foreigner. Either way you came of pretty rude and kinda like Taran TBH

Calling somebody who is not trying to be rude at all, or in anyway is kinda rude. I'm just trying to have a friendly debate.

Just now, AerisFang said:

To be fair, opinions are meant to be challenged and defended, so... no, he doesn't sound like a 馬鹿

Well in a personal stand point saying someone's opinion is incorrect seems and is unintelligent (no offense intended). Due to opinions being based upon PERSONAL experience from one or multiple people. Again telling someone that they don't love food just seems like you are trying to start stuff. Either way we are getting off topic about this whole situation. Shall we go back to the main topic?

24 minutes ago, Marcus Torre DeProspero said:

Well in a personal stand point saying someone's opinion is incorrect seems and is unintelligent (no offense intended). Due to opinions being based upon PERSONAL experience from one or multiple people. Again telling someone that they don't love food just seems like you are trying to start stuff. Either way we are getting off topic about this whole situation. Shall we go back to the main topic?

but you claimed that they sucked. That's the point. You claimed something, he countered your claim.

Anyways, you're right. No point in talking about that.

Just now, AerisFang said:

but you claimed that they sucked. That's the point. You claimed something, he countered your claim.

Anyways, you're right. No point in talking about that.

Actually I (stated) my opinion it is a statement not a claim. Claims and statements aren't the same, they may be similar, in some cases, but they aren't the same.