Switching to air cooling. What's the best cooler that would fit a standard ATX case?

Dabombinable

My Seidon 120V is struggling with all of my CPU (especially the QX6850) due to the water block mounting bracket being faulty (warranty has expired-can't RMA) so I've decided to switch to air cooling as I can get better performance from the cooler at a lower cost (that and I can pretty much afford any air cooler, and the case only fits 120mm AIO water coolers). I've looked at coolers such as the Dark Rock 3 and NH-D15, however I doubt they can fit into an Antec GX500B Dominator, or Thermaltake Commander MS-I.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

14 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I've looked at coolers such as the Dark Rock 3 and NH-D15, however I doubt they can fit into an Antec GX500B Dominator, or Thermaltake Commander MS-I.

Im pretty sure both those coolers fit in both those cases, they're a pretty standard height for air coolers. If clearance is really a problem noctua do some decent low-profile coolers

Just now, TheCrazyCryptonian said:

Im pretty sure both those coolers fit in both those cases, they're a pretty standard height for air coolers. If clearance is really a problem noctua do some decent low-profile coolers

Clearance won't be a problem-I've got 2x sticks of RAM that are barely taller than the socket (1-2mm). And clearance isn't a problem as such, its just that I don't know if coolers such as the NH-D15 fit into what is a standard ATX case.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Clearance won't be a problem-I've got 2x sticks of RAM that are barely taller than the socket (1-2mm). And clearance isn't a problem as such, its just that I don't know if coolers such as the NH-D15 fit into what is a standard ATX case.

They do. If you really want to check here are the sizes of both of those cases and the height of the coolers:

Thermaltake - 484.0 x 202.0 x 426.0 mm

Antec - 475.0 x 205.0 x 457 mm

Be quiet! - 160mm

Noctua - 165mm

Should be fine :P

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I'd consider my DS200 a standard ATX case and it fit the Cryorig R1 Ultimate comfortably. if you lok up the specs of the case and the specs of the cooler it will give you proof as to what will and wont fit.

Here's the height limitations:

Tt Com. MS-I: 170mm

Antec GX500B: 158mm

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

5 minutes ago, JebKerman said:

I'd consider my DS200 a standard ATX case and it fit the Cryorig R1 Ultimate comfortably. if you lok up the specs of the case and the specs of the cooler it will give you proof as to what will and wont fit.

Couldn't find the dimensions on Antec's website (its hopeless), and the Thermaltake case was more of an afterthought as I don't use it with my LGA1150 builds.

6 minutes ago, TheCrazyCryptonian said:

They do. If you really want to check here are the sizes of both of those cases and the height of the coolers:

Thermaltake - 484.0 x 202.0 x 426.0 mm

Antec - 475.0 x 205.0 x 457 mm

Be quiet! - 160mm

Noctua - 165mm

Should be fine :P

Sweet. Though now I have to be worried about the weight of the coolers and whether or not my motherboards would be fine.

Edit: Well, which ever one I choose, it'll be a close fit that's for sure

http://www.thermaltake.com.au/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00001772

PMSL

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Sweet. Though now I have to be worried about the weight of the coolers and whether or not my motherboards would be fine.

Considering most parts have standard specs i'd say it'll be fine. Motherboards can take a surprising amount.

throwing Cryorig R1 Ultimate into the mix, and if somehow ram is a problem, R1 Universal 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

12 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

throwing Cryorig R1 Ultimate into the mix, and if somehow ram is a problem, R1 Universal 

RAM height will never be a problem with the sticks I have.

PMSL