Next gen gpu

N8 the Gr8

I'm looking into building a computer but I heard new gen graphic cards will be coming out soon but idk when. Does anyone know when and how much it would cost? Also, idk if I should wait to get the next gen which focus on 4K or should I get a low end card and upgrade later. I was looking into getting 2 970s for right now.

Prices are completely unknown right now. The "Next gen" is Pascal btw. It's being released in april this year. I'd wait just so the current cards take a dive in price. Unless of course the new cards are that much better.

If you have the budget, the new Pascal cards (Nvidia) are rumored around 1,000-1,500 USD. You should wait, and they will be released for sure this year. AMD's new cards will be Polaris. 

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

Both are at minimum months away, but if you want to run 4k you'll need one of the upcoming cards as our current cards are not up to 4k. But definitely don't go 970 SLI. If you want something for now pick up a 980ti, mine busts out any game out right now at ultra settings and holds 60fps no problem.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, Digital_ said:

Prices are completely unknown right now. The "Next gen" is Pascal btw. It's being released in april this year. I'd wait just so the current cards take a dive in price. Unless of course the new cards are that much better.

They won't. My 290 went up in price over 70% when the 390 came out. It's about supply. Not what's new.

Just now, App4that said:

They won't. My 290 went up in price over 70% when the 390 came out. It's about supply. Not what's new.

I found some great deals after the new cards came out c:

Just now, Digital_ said:

I found some great deals after the new cards came out c:

On the cheap stuff, yeah. Try finding a Vapor X 290 xD OP looking at 4k, ain't nobody looking to run 4k on a cheap GPU.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Both are at minimum months away, but if you want to run 4k you'll need one of the upcoming cards as our current cards are not up to 4k. But definitely don't go 970 SLI. If you want something for now pick up a 980ti, mine busts out any game out right now at ultra settings and holds 60fps no problem.

I heard 2 970s get around 104 and 1 980 gets around 60

1 minute ago, App4that said:

On the cheap stuff, yeah. Try finding a Vapor X 290 xD OP looking at 4k, ain't nobody looking to run 4k on a cheap GPU.

Still can't find any 780ti's anywhere :/

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

So would the prices go up or down

Just now, N8 the Gr8 said:

Depends on the game. This video is on the Kingpin but shows 970 SLI numbers.

2 minutes ago, N8 the Gr8 said:

SLI tends to only cause more problems than having a single card solution. Some games don't even support SLI.

depends on how you look at things. there will ALWAYS  be the next big awesome new shiney thingy yum yum just around the bend. prices are great if you look in the right places. i just bought another gtx 970 not more than an hour ago from evga b stock. 250.00 and a 1 year warranty. ill take that price all day long mates

2 minutes ago, Digital_ said:

Still can't find any 780ti's anywhere :/

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-03G-P4-2881-KR/dp/B00GDIIIPW

1 minute ago, N8 the Gr8 said:

So would the prices go up or down

Depends on how many people want the older cards. Check out the price on the 780ti I linked to above.

42 minutes ago, App4that said:

Depends on the game. This video is on the Kingpin but shows 970 SLI numbers.

What 980 would u reccomend 

1 hour ago, N8 the Gr8 said:

What 980 would u reccomend 

Personally, the Hybrid. It's expensive but overclocks well and the temperatures are the best of any 980ti. 

11 minutes ago, N8 the Gr8 said:

I'm planning on building this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/N8thrGr8/saved/2Ry6Mpwould this be good or should I change stuff

Would recommend a 4790k +980Ti instead of 6700k + 980. 

Btw: the 980Ti and 980 are two different cards.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

25 minutes ago, N8 the Gr8 said:

I'm planning on building this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/N8thrGr8/saved/2Ry6Mpwould this be good or should I change stuff

id change the seagate drive for a western digital and try to get that oss somewhere cheaper. i usually buy win7 keys for 20 bucks and upgrade from there for my builds.

EDIT: also i heard that psu is supposed to be not so very good but im no expert when it comes to psu's

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

2 hours ago, Festive said:

Would recommend a 4790k +980Ti instead of 6700k + 980. 

Btw: the 980Ti and 980 are two different cards.

What is the difference from the 980 and 980ti and the motherboard doesn't support the cpu. Also, is this motherboard good with the wifi adapter or should I get a different board

12 hours ago, Digital_ said:

High-end Pascal will most likely not release by April, it's looking to be released after Polaris, it would make sense, AMD has always been the first company to a new process node, and has already demonstrated it and given a release date for before August.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjfzDY0D4ck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9K4AQSxDEE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGGdNDyV30Q

basically.. The 980Ti mops the floor with the 980 in every game/scenario. The 980Ti is a better performing (gaming wise) and cheaper Titan X.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

not only are prices unknown but so is the date, so far we haven't heard anything concrete to go by.

im still very skeptical for a april release from either side, past maybe some prototype show off cards.

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV