vacuum blower for cleaning pc

arbie1234

Hey guys quick question is ok to use the blower function of the vacuum when cleaning the pc? especially the heatsinks...thanks

Nope. Vacuums will make make static. Static tends to not be good for sensation equipment, like a cpu. Use canned air or something

The smartest idiot you will ever find

get an anti-static blower like this one. i bought it, and it has great enough blow pressure that wont damage your components.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

11 minutes ago, Potato_King said:

Nope. Vacuums will make make static. Static tends to not be good for sensation equipment, like a cpu. Use canned air or something

even the blower function? thanks for the reply man 

11 minutes ago, branden_lucero said:

get an anti-static blower like this one. i bought it, and it has great enough blow pressure that wont damage your components.

I would love to have this man, but the problem is that its not available in my country and shipping is just a bit expensive for me

I know I'm get a bunch of shit for this but I've been using a vacuum to clean my PC since forever. I almost never vacuum the parts directly but I sometimes do and it's never damaged anything. Just be careful though, always make sure to ground yourself. The way I use my vacuum most of the time is to use a canned air to blow out the dust and use the vacuum to suck in the dust as they are in the air and floating around. Otherwise, there are other parts inside the case the the canned air can't really clean like the grated mesh of an intake or filtered intakes... those I just vacuum directly. Or sometimes depending on the part, some surfaces are kind of rough and the canned air won't be able to blow the dust off since the dust kinda sticks to it. That's when I also use the vacuum directly. Once again, take this with a small grain of salt, and be careful and use common sense (even though this might not be very commonsensical)

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

30 minutes ago, arbie1234 said:

Hey guys quick question is ok to use the blower function of the vacuum when cleaning the pc? especially the heatsinks...thanks

11 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

I know I'm get a bunch of shit for this but I've been using a vacuum to clean my PC since forever. I almost never vacuum the parts directly but I sometimes do and it's never damaged anything. Just be careful though, always make sure to ground yourself. The way I use my vacuum most of the time is to use a canned air to blow out the dust and use the vacuum to suck in the dust as they are in the air and floating around. Otherwise, there are other parts inside the case the the canned air can't really clean like the grated mesh of an intake or filtered intakes... those I just vacuum directly. Or sometimes depending on the part, some surfaces are kind of rough and the canned air won't be able to blow the dust off since the dust kinda sticks to it. That's when I also use the vacuum directly. Once again, take this with a small grain of salt, and be careful and use common sense (even though this might not be very commonsensical)

I just vacuumed my pc (dropped 5 degrees, filters were clogged), with bristles too.  I have used a vacuum to clean out my PC for years.  I have never had a problem with it.  Just don't bump sensitive parts like capacitors.  As long as you do it carefully, it will be fine.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get some hate for this, but I use my Rigid shop vac to clean my PC. I use the blower end to blow the dust out of PCs and PC parts with dust. I've never had a single issue with doing so over the years. It's far cheaper than canned air / easier to use than a air compressor. We own two shop vacs anyway (My dad's a contractor). Just make sure that you hold the fans down and don't let them spin at super high speeds as it damages the fan bearings.