HELP PC WONT TURN ON!!

LE_AM

as you can see in the photo, this one light turns on but the power button or the actual button do not work to turn on. I recently replaced the power supply and it worked for a while, but then it went back into this mode of not turning oni Am able to turn the pc on if i unplug the power cable for more than 8 hours , but any before that it will not turn back on. i am able to restart the pc. i have tried: taking everything out of the pc and rebuilding it, pushing the discharge button on the motherboard, disabling my overclock,  replacing the power supply, full system reset, and exchanging RAM. please somebody help me...

SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/le_am/saved/#view=7yX6Mp

IMG_20160220_104628.jpg

Just now, ReesZRB said:

Did you try resetting CMOS?

how would one do that?

Just now, LE_AM said:

how would one do that?

Sometimes MSI boards have a small button where you can do that, usually labeled, but you can also remove the battery for a little bit.

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

It looks like you have done custom cable sleaveing and from what I have heard, you need to be really careful. Maybe check your connections and that each one is secure. 

1 minute ago, LE_AM said:

how would one do that?

Read your motherboard manual. There should be a jumper to reset your CMOS.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Just now, evilarceus said:

Read your motherboard manual. There should be a jumper to reset your CMOS.

ok

Just now, LE_AM said:

ok

Has it done this since you put it together? Or was it working fine before this happened?

When you get it to work, will it work until you shut if off, or how long?

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

Just now, Low_Battery said:

Has it done this since you put it together? Or was it working fine before this happened?

When you get it to work, will it work until you shut if off, or how long?

it works until i turn it off, it only started to do this a couple moths after i had built it.

Just now, LE_AM said:

it works until i turn it off, it only started to do this a couple moths after i had built it.

Is your LED debugger throwing any codes?

Just now, Low_Battery said:

Is your LED debugger throwing any codes?

no, only the power light turns on and thats it

1 minute ago, LE_AM said:

And last question, for now, when you try and start it, is it 100% dead, or do parts of the MB light up but just never post?

Take a screwdriver and short the little jumper right next to the battery. There's usually a little led to show when it's being shorted... You may well have a bad mobo :|

edit:  there's also a clear cmos button on back pannel io...

11 minutes ago, Low_Battery said:

And last question, for now, when you try and start it, is it 100% dead, or do parts of the MB light up but just never post?

parts of it light up but the power light stays on 

15 minutes ago, theRooster said:

Take a screwdriver and short the little jumper right next to the battery. There's usually a little led to show when it's being shorted... You may well have a bad mobo :|

cmos reset didnt work

5 minutes ago, LE_AM said:

no, only the power light turns on and thats it

It sounds like you probably have a bard part of the board and it is causing the board to not turn on due to over-voltage and tripping a protection mode. Probably the only way to fix is to RMA the board, but here is where I would start:

1) Check driver for you MB compared to latest version on website.

2) If you know how, test the amount of current during powering up your board with a voltage meter.

3) Replace original PSU cabling (or try an old but working PSU if you have one - don't need to plug in GPU).

4) Triple check that you have all the connections correct.

5) Search your board and PSU (with flashlight if you can see in) to see if any of the capacitors (big cylinder things) are bulging or leaking. 

6) Call manufacture / RMA the motherboard

4 minutes ago, Low_Battery said:

It sounds like you probably have a bard part of the board and it is causing the board to not turn on due to over-voltage and tripping a protection mode. Probably the only way to fix is to RMA the board, but here is where I would start:

1) Check driver for you MB compared to latest version on website.

2) If you know how, test the amount of current during powering up your board with a voltage meter.

3) Replace original PSU cabling (or try an old but working PSU if you have one - don't need to plug in GPU).

4) Triple check that you have all the connections correct.

5) Search your board and PSU (with flashlight if you can see in) to see if any of the capacitors (big cylinder things) are bulging or leaking. 

6) Call manufacture / RMA the motherboard

thanks, illget back if nothing works