CPU Heatsink is never warm

NickB

I have a Intel Core i5-4690k, with high quality thermal paste from Artic 5 (or something like that), and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler. I touched the heatpipes that are really close to the CPU and they aren't even warm. The CPU is at 25-35C on idle and 50C at full load. 

I wouldn't really go around touching heatsinks but those temps are fine.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

this means the cooler is doing the job of cooling the CPU

if the whole thing is really warm

then the fan is going bad

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Temps are good on the chip...don't worry about the heatsinks. They are clearly working just fine if you are only 50C under load. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

That would mean that heatpipes are working. The way they operate is that there's some liquid with little air bubbles inside. Liquid transfers heat from chip to top of fins while dissipating heat to fins. So pipes should be coolest right next to chip or top most of the heatsink.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv