Which phone should I get?!

WaelT

Hey everyone, I have Oneplus One 64GB running CM12.1. Recently, I'm having multiple performance issues with it and I believe it is about time to change.
What I really care about in a smartphone is the following:

• Stock Android / near stock
  • Stay up-to-date as much as possible
  • Good Processor and RAM (3-4)
  • Excellent battery life
  • I don't need more than 64GB of storage
  • Fingerprint is a must
  • Doesn't care a lot about camera but a decent one would not hurt

For now I have the following phones in my mind... 

• Nexus 6P, Personally I don't know if it still worth it specially when the S7 and G5 are around the corner. The only thing that keeps the Nexus 6P is the Stock Android and the constant updates.
  • Galaxy S7 Edge, regarding the leaks it should be better than its predecessor, my only issue with it I believe would be TouchWiz and following Google's updates at a good pace.
  • LG G5, almost same impression as S7 Edge
  • iPhone 6S/Plus, I like that I don't need to concern about updates and, the only drawback for me would be the battery "kind of" 
  • Oneplus 2, No thank you I would never go back to OP with their current issues
  • Huawei, any suggestions?!

I would appreciate any advice or recommendation ... :ph34r:

I would personally get the Galaxy S7, a friend of mine has the S5 and it's amazing

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

the iphone 6s is pretty good imo. I have the 64gb one and its really fast, the flash chips they used feel as fast as an ssd cause they used nvme chips. The phone is quick and theres not a lot of problems. mine does, but whatever. 3d touch is pretty useful too. if you are only gonna get the 16gb version, just get a 6p. not worth having no storage just to have an iphone

Just now, asiancorruption said:

the iphone 6s is pretty good imo. I have the 64gb one and its really fast, the flash chips they used feel as fast as an ssd cause they used nvme chips. The phone is quick and theres not a lot of problems. mine does, but whatever. 3d touch is pretty useful too. if you are only gonna get the 16gb version, just get a 6p. not worth having no storage just to have an iphone

Thank you. 

Personally I won't go for anything less than 64GB, I don't care about expandable storage :)

What kind of issues are you facing with iPhone 6S ? Also isn't the display resolution kind of "out dated?!"

always check for bad reviews were ever you can. It's very important. not bad reviews as in spam but bad as in low stars. Best buy, Amazon, ebay, where ever. Listen to people's complaints because it could save you a ton of hassle so you don't buy a problematic phone.

Just now, Ponteo said:

always check for bad reviews were ever you can. It's very important. not bad reviews as in spam but bad as in low stars. Best buy, Amazon, ebay, where ever. Listen to people's complaints because it could save you a ton of hassle so you don't buy a problematic phone.

I totally agree, do you have any suggestions?!

If you have an aftermarket radio in your car, or a newer car with iPhone support. You can use the iPhone with ease. Simple one connection that plays the audio and charges at the same time. Unlike Android for all these years. Spotify, or any audio you'd hear, would come through the stereo. Pretty much a solid phone for that. Or you can use an android with an aux and have terrible audio quality and another wire for charging lol.

Just now, WaelT said:

Thank you. 

Personally I won't go for anything less than 64GB, I don't care about expandable storage :)

What kind of issues are you facing with iPhone 6S ? Also isn't the display resolution kind of "out dated?!"

my iphone likes to run out of battery too quickly out of nowhere. my phone "died" with 20% left on the indicator. the phone likes to hang a bit, no matter how much i clear the ram and some apps like to crash or studder. I think apple is slowly dropping the ball on stable updates, but both android and ios are like that sometimes. Now onto the screen, i find it fine, it's kinda pointless having a 4k camera with a 720p screen but whatever. its very color accurate, like all apple screens are (sans mba) its a solid screen. It's actually better that it's lower res cause the gpu doesn't have to work as hard. the 6s plus can sometimes studder cause the specs are  the same but the res is 1080p on the 6s plus

1 minute ago, drowssap said:

If you have an aftermarket radio in your car, or a newer car with iPhone support. You can use the iPhone with ease. Simple one connection that plays the audio and charges at the same time. Unlike Android for all these years. Spotify, or any audio you'd hear, would come through the stereo. Pretty much a solid phone for that. Or you can use an android with an aux and have terrible audio quality and another wire for charging lol.

every bluetooth device, including my car needs to be manually paired to my iphone. does it take a year for it to do itself or what? cause i always just do it manually

12 minutes ago, WaelT said:

Hey everyone, I have Oneplus One 64GB running CM12.1. Recently, I'm having multiple performance issues with it and I believe it is about time to change.
What I really care about in a smartphone is the following:

• Stock Android / near stock
  • Stay up-to-date as much as possible
  • Good Processor and RAM (3-4)
  • Excellent battery life
  • I don't need more than 64GB of storage
  • Fingerprint is a must
  • Doesn't care a lot about camera but a decent one would not hurt

For now I have the following phones in my mind... 

• Nexus 6P, Personally I don't know if it still worth it specially when the S7 and G5 are around the corner. The only thing that keeps the Nexus 6P is the Stock Android and the constant updates.
  • Galaxy S7 Edge, regarding the leaks it should be better than its predecessor, my only issue with it I believe would be TouchWiz and following Google's updates at a good pace.
  • LG G5, almost same impression as S7 Edge
  • iPhone 6S/Plus, I like that I don't need to concern about updates and, the only drawback for me would be the battery "kind of" 
  • Oneplus 2, No thank you I would never go back to OP with their current issues
  • Huawei, any suggestions?!

I would appreciate any advice or recommendation ... :ph34r:

6p, amezing camera , fingerprint reader, screen , updates , stock android, unibody aluminum, thin , good speakers, a great phone, a lil big, the onley drawback for the most peeple, ps i have it and its amezing

Wait for the S7 and G5 announcements. They're just around the corner.

Otherwise, the Nexus 6P sounds like the perfect phone for you. Don't worry about it getting outdated hardware-wise any time soon. It's plenty fast, has an excellent fingerprint sensor and almost best in class battery life (Note 5 is the only one that beats it, but correct me if I'm wrong). Pressure sensitive screen support will not become ubiquitous on Android applications till Google decides to support it anyway, which may not happen till Q3/Q4 this year when they decide to roll out a new version of Android with a new Nexus to show it off.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Just now, WaelT said:

I totally agree, do you have any suggestions?!

Look into what the phone can do from the advertiser's stand point, (Look at what they advertise.) and then look from the Consumer's Stand point. Look up reviews on "X Phone here" and see what the people who actually purchased the phone have say about it. be careful of the biased views aswell. 

An example could be that you buy X phone here and it's amazing for the first couple months, and then it starts to slow it's roll. (because software is always updating.)

What's always fun too is to look up tear-down videos of the phones... very interesting to see the inside architecture.

9 minutes ago, nishank93 said:

Wait for the S7 and G5 announcements. They're just around the corner.

Otherwise, the Nexus 6P sounds like the perfect phone for you. Don't worry about it getting outdated hardware-wise any time soon. It's plenty fast, has an excellent fingerprint sensor and almost best in class battery life (Note 5 is the only one that beats it, but correct me if I'm wrong). Pressure sensitive screen support will not become ubiquitous on Android applications till Google decides to support it anyway, which may not happen till Q3/Q4 this year when they decide to roll out a new version of Android with a new Nexus to show it off.

What worries me about the 6P, is the CPU.. I really didn't feel that SD810 added that much of performance.. and I'm afraid that within time the heating issue would appear :/ 

7 minutes ago, Ponteo said:

Look into what the phone can do from the advertiser's stand point, (Look at what they advertise.) and then look from the Consumer's Stand point. Look up reviews on "X Phone here" and see what the people who actually purchased the phone have say about it. be careful of the biased views aswell. 

An example could be that you buy X phone here and it's amazing for the first couple months, and then it starts to slow it's roll. (because software is always updating.)

What's always fun too is to look up tear-down videos of the phones... very interesting to see the inside architecture.

Thanks. But I already done my job reading reviews, and watching every kind of video.. I'm looking for advice from people who owns some of the phones... :)

18 minutes ago, asiancorruption said:

my iphone likes to run out of battery too quickly out of nowhere. my phone "died" with 20% left on the indicator. the phone likes to hang a bit, no matter how much i clear the ram and some apps like to crash or studder. I think apple is slowly dropping the ball on stable updates, but both android and ios are like that sometimes. Now onto the screen, i find it fine, it's kinda pointless having a 4k camera with a 720p screen but whatever. its very color accurate, like all apple screens are (sans mba) its a solid screen. It's actually better that it's lower res cause the gpu doesn't have to work as hard. the 6s plus can sometimes studder cause the specs are  the same but the res is 1080p on the 6s plus

mmm Battery issue ... that's crucial ... Also I believe the 1GB of RAM is not being enough for the apps we have nowadays  

2 minutes ago, WaelT said:

What worries me about the 6P, is the CPU.. I really didn't feel that SD810 added that much of performance.. and I'm afraid that within time the heating issue would appear :/ 

While your concerns are valid, maybe you should read this?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

@nishank93 I know at the moment there is not any heating issues, but I'm afraid that it will appear in the near future.. :/ 

19 minutes ago, WaelT said:

Thanks. But I already done my job reading reviews, and watching every kind of video.. I'm looking for advice from people who owns some of the phones... :)

Nice! glad to hear you've done some of the homework!

Good luck then! i can't really say much more because i do not own any of those phones... 

32 minutes ago, WaelT said:

mmm Battery issue ... that's crucial ... Also I believe the 1GB of RAM is not being enough for the apps we have nowadays  

the 6s has 2gb of ddr4 ram. which it really needed \

Edit: the battery issue is mine and mine only, you won't get it unless your phone is defective. I'm 80% sure mine is.

From Huawei look at the Honor 7

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

i would not get a device with sd 810. i wanted to skip 2015 phones altogether but the galaxy s6 was the light at the end of the tunnel. anyway samsung is very slow at updates.i recommend the iphone 6s if you can afford it. its the fastest phone out there(i dont think the s7 will outperform it),5 years updates,3d touch etc

8 hours ago, asiancorruption said:

every bluetooth device, including my car needs to be manually paired to my iphone. does it take a year for it to do itself or what? cause i always just do it manually

Not sure, the only bluetooth devices I have are the Xim4 and my car radio for phone calls. Bluetooth is always checked on, on my phone. Whenever I turn on the xim4 or the car radio it automatically connects within 30 seconds.

4 hours ago, s3ns3 said:

i would not get a device with sd 810. i wanted to skip 2015 phones altogether but the galaxy s6 was the light at the end of the tunnel. anyway samsung is very slow at updates.i recommend the iphone 6s if you can afford it. its the fastest phone out there(i dont think the s7 will outperform it),5 years updates,3d touch etc

Exactly same point of view I have about SD810.. yes unfortunately I was thinking about the iPhone 6S .. I'm not an Apple but I'm coming to a point that their devices are more stable than android devices.. :( 

1 hour ago, WaelT said:

Exactly same point of view I have about SD810.. yes unfortunately I was thinking about the iPhone 6S .. I'm not an Apple but I'm coming to a point that their devices are more stable than android devices.. :( 

I honestly think if you compare the 6s or the 6p  you'd be fine with either. stock android for me was pretty stable when I had my nexus 5. if you really think the price difference is worth it, get the 6s. you will be fine for updates for at least 4 years and you get features that androids won't have for a while. only thing i would consider to be a deal breaker on the 6s is siri. it's complete trash compared to google now.

1 minute ago, asiancorruption said:

I honestly think if you compare the 6s or the 6p  you'd be fine with either. stock android for me was pretty stable when I had my nexus 5. if you really think the price difference is worth it, get the 6s. you will be fine for updates for at least 4 years and you get features that androids won't have for a while. only thing i would consider to be a deal breaker on the 6s is siri. it's complete trash compared to google now.

Correct me if I was wrong, Google now can be installed and used on iOS devices right?