Preparing For Pascal

aPinata

1. Budget & Location

Probably like $1-1.5k ish

Located in the great Los Angeles of California

2. Aim

Looking for a 1080p streaming setup I already Lined up a 280 or 270x not sure which one maybe yall can help for like $50-75 so that will be good until pascal Im saving up for a pascal gpu and 1440p or 4k monitor depending on what pascal brings. Would like a pretty beefy gpu that will give me enough clearance to throw in a pascal gpu not sure what tdp they are rated at. Also not sure what i should go with z170 or z97 for streaming and recording not sure if there is a huge difference.

3. Monitor

One 1080p (already have it)

4. Peripherals

Headphones got the rest

5. Why are you upgrading?

Planning on waiting for pascal

Why Pascal? What about AMD Polaris? You know AMD exists too...

AMD has already demonstrated their GPU and it is twice as efficient as Maxwell. Nvidia on the other hand... they displayed a Drive PX 2 GPU that was supposed to have Pascal GPUs on it and it turns out it was fake and instead they put gtx 980ms on there.

I'm not a fanboy or anything, but just saying AMD exists too.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

AMD has already demonstrated their GPU and it is twice as efficient as Maxwell. Nvidia on the other hand... they displayed a Drive PX 2 GPU that was supposed to have Pascal GPUs on it and it turns out it was fake and instead they put gtx 980ms on there.

either way just waiting for a new gpu line to come out so either one is cool i understand your viewpoint

Just now, aPinata said:

either way just waiting for a new gpu line to come out so either one is cool i understand your viewpoint

Ok :).

I like your idea on waiting. I probably should have bought a 200 dollar GPU and waited for the new ones.

I might even sell my gtx 970 after they release and buy one :)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Ok :).

I like your idea on waiting. I probably should have bought a 200 dollar GPU and waited for the new ones.

I might even sell my gtx 970 after they release and buy one :)

sold my 970 for $300 shipped and met a guy who works for xfx and i get deals on their gpus now and since i got scammed a while back slowly making my way back selling the gpus for a little more than i buy them :)

15 minutes ago, aPinata said:

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim

Looking for a 1080p streaming setup I already Lined up a 280 or 270x not sure which one maybe yall can help for like $50-75 so that will be good until pascal Im saving up for a pascal gpu and 1440p or 4k monitor depending on what pascal brings. Would like a pretty beefy gpu that will give me enough clearance to throw in a pascal gpu not sure what tdp they are rated at. Also not sure what i should go with z170 or z97 for streaming and recording not sure if there is a huge difference.

3. Monitor

4. Peripherals

Headphones got the rest

depending on your budget for the headphones I would say the logitech g933 of g633, or if ur on a really tight budget, get these: https://jet.com/product/detail/2768463bcf53456b9bb753c0e6ad502a?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_electronics_a1:audio_audio_components_headphones_headsets_a1_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=a922a6e9-b0fa-40bf-be83-2d3cbd4c8f5d&abkId=403-547937&gclid=CjwKEAiA9JW2BRDxtaq2ruDg22oSJACgtTxcBX-8NLpkhTs_tdnBmmi65T7MQoEwiOTPBpEf3EmXnBoCKpXw_wcB

Just now, aPinata said:

sold my 970 for $300 shipped and met a guy who works for xfx and i get deals on their gpus now and since i got scammed a while back slowly making my way back selling the gpus for a little more than i buy them :)

Wow! 300 dollars!

They go for about 250 on ebay... man your lucky!

That sounds like a nice little business you got there :)

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I really hope Polaris does well, NVIDIA has been in the spotlight for too long

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

17 minutes ago, aPinata said:

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim

3. Monitor

4. Peripherals

Headphones got the rest

wait... do you want me to give you a build or somethin

2 minutes ago, sgtrecker78 said:

wait... do you want me to give you a build or somethin

please would help alot and give me direction thanks :)

Oh yeah... question do you need an os?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, aPinata said:

please would help alot and give me direction thanks :)

k i got u

Oh yeah... question do you need an os?

nope get them for free from college

4 minutes ago, sgtrecker78 said:

a guy locally is asking $150 for the g933 should i jump on them?

1 minute ago, aPinata said:

Yeah, thats saving about $50 right there

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

2 minutes ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Yeah, thats saving about $50 right there

but i hear bad things about wireless also are they really big on your head? i dont like really huge headphones something slim like ath-m50x maybe dt 990s

3 minutes ago, aPinata said:

HELL YEAH they're usually 200

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rXWvgs

I threw this together. Add those headphones and you are good to go.

The 380x is a great card at that price (only 200 dollars!). And you said you get discounts from XFX so chose that one.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, aPinata said:

but i hear bad things about wireless also are they really big on your head? i dont like really huge headphones something slim like ath-m50x maybe dt 990s

Wireless is better other than having to recharge the battery but you could just keep it plugged in

Plus what he's offering is around the same price as the G633

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rXWvgs

I threw this together. Add those headphones and you are good to go.

The 380x is a great card at that price (only 200 dollars!). And you said you get discounts from XFX so chose that one.

i have a 270x or 280 for $50-75 should be more than enough for me for 1080p

i also have an evo pro 512gb for $120 lined up only 1000gb written on it

1 minute ago, aPinata said:

i have a 270x or 280 for $50-75 should be more than enough for me for 1080p

Oh then even more money saved :)

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Oh then even more money saved :)

could you please explain why skylake or devils canyon? thanks :)

also open vs closed headphones for gaming like battlefield thanks :)

3 minutes ago, aPinata said:

could you please explain why skylake or devils canyon? thanks :)

Skylake is the new architecture that recently came out. Devil's canyon (which is what I have) is older but the 6700k and 4790k are pretty much the same thing other than Skylake using DDR4. Same goes for 6600k and 4690k, etc.

2 minutes ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

Skylake is the new architecture that recently came out. Devil's canyon (which is what I have) is older but the 6700k and 4790k are pretty much the same thing other than Skylake using DDR4. Same goes for 6600k and 4690k, etc.

so then why should i go with skylake in his build if devils canyon is cheaper try not to sound like a cunt right now but i just really want to know