regarding upgrade my pc

Go to solution Solved by Frosty,
10 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

it doesn't matter, on a chipset with ddr2 and pcie 1.0, it's not gonna be able to run modern games lol.

I was just curious. Also, that motherboard can support a core 2 quad which you could definitely still run at least a few  modern games with, if Luke and Linus' Scrapyard wars PC is any indication.

actually i have a 6-7 yrs old pc and want to upgrade it for gaming atleast at medium settings...my pc specs are:

G31T-M5 mobo version 1.0

2gb ddr2 RAM

g31 chipset

220v psu

...now i want to buy gtx750ti GPU for my pc and 2gb more ddr3 RAM(mobo is ddr2 supportable)...i reallyy want to know that all these buying components are compatible with my pc or atleast work... like gpu asking for pci 3.0 but my mobo has 1.0 so will it support or not? and ddr3 is supportable in my mobo or not?..plzz give me a positive reply....i'm not on high budget...but want to play atleast this year games...plzz help..

1 minute ago, mouri kogoro said:

2gb more ddr3 RAM(mobo is ddr2 supportable)

you cant put DDR3 in a motherboard that only supports DDR2

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I agree with enderman... cuz that's a fact lol.  Also ur not gonna be gaming on that chipset.  ur going to need a new motherboard, if you want, let me know, I can put together a build for you as cheap as possible for medium settings on modern games.  What do you play?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

What cpu do you have?

it doesn't matter, on a chipset with ddr2 and pcie 1.0, it's not gonna be able to run modern games lol.

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

What cpu do you have?

ohh sorry forget to tell cpu....its core2duo e7500 @2.93Ghz.

1 minute ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I agree with enderman... cuz that's a fact lol.  Also ur not gonna be gaming on that chipset.  ur going to need a new motherboard, if you want, let me know, I can put together a build for you as cheap as possible for medium settings on modern games.  What do you play?

i'll really appreciate for that rig...i'm gonna play like atmost 2-3 games...most is FIFA16 and Black ops3 and then barely GTA5 and assasin creed...

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

you cant put DDR3 in a motherboard that only supports DDR2

some motherboards support both, you do see it on some lga775 boards.

The G31T-M unfortunately doesn't support ddr3, so you have to either find some ddr2 memory or get a new motherboard.

There's a lot of things limiting you there.

For starters you only have 2gb of ddr2 ram, and that motherboard doesn't support ddr3.

Second is that power supply, only at 220w, and if I had to guess probably not even 80% efficient.

You are much better off buying/building a new pc.

If you want something that can game decently but don't want to build one, you could buy a $400-ish desktop that has a decent cpu and at least 6gb of ram, and then throw in a 750ti

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

um if your CPU is 6-7 years old then its going to bottle neck the gpu in most games. i think you should just get a whole new pc. also there is no problem with using a gpu that says it needs 3.0 slot because i have a gtx 970 and i use it in a 2.0 slot and there is no issues. so the 750ti should be fine.

10 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I was just curious. Also, that motherboard can support a core 2 quad which you could definitely still run at least a few  modern games with, if Luke and Linus' Scrapyard wars PC is any indication.

Just now, Frosty said:

I was just curious. Also, that motherboard most likely can support a core 2 quad which you could definitely still run  at least a few  modern games with, if Luke's Scrapyard wars PC is any indication.

but i just google it for everything and they said u can play on that mobo with upgrading to 4gb ddr2 ram  with less value and gtx 750ti and your cpu is fine...don't take me wrong i know u r also rite but sorry i have a little knowledge of computing that's y need ur help...but can u tell me which is most urgent to change in mobo?

7 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

yeah sure please build me a good custom RIG....? can you please?

3 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

That platform supports 45nm quad core cpus that can probably be overclocked past 3.5ghz  it is very capable of running modern games, admittedly It will struggle with some known cpu intensive games, but it will cope fine with many modern titles.

Older generations of PCIe shouldn't be a bottleneck for gaming.

9 minutes ago, mouri kogoro said:

i'll really appreciate for that rig...i'm gonna play like atmost 2-3 games...most is FIFA16 and Black ops3 and then barely GTA5 and assasin creed...

Here check this out http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PYRXTW .  

7 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

There's a lot of things limiting you there.

For starters you only have 2gb of ddr2 ram, and that motherboard doesn't support ddr3.

Second is that power supply, only at 220w, and if I had to guess probably not even 80% efficient.

You are much better off buying/building a new pc.

If you want something that can game decently but don't want to build one, you could buy a $400-ish desktop that has a decent cpu and at least 6gb of ram, and then throw in a 750ti

The 750ti uses very little power, the reference designs don't have power connectors as the card takes all of it's power from the pcie slot.

Just now, mouri kogoro said:

thnxx man really appreciate that....its awesome..but i'm doubting CPU is it good ..?? i've never heard of that?

I would recommend it more than any other cpu in your price range.  It is a dual core, but it will handle a game and a web browser really well.  If you give me a budget or your max price or about how much you want to spend I could adjust the build for you, but this is a very good dual core

1 minute ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I would recommend it more than any other cpu in your price range.  It is a dual core, but it will handle a game and a web browser really well.  If you give me a budget or your max price or about how much you want to spend I could adjust the build for you, but this is a very good dual core

umm...okay let take my budget for RIG is $500-$550...and if want to take more money than pllzz lower down this GPU to 750ti...is this enough?? now plzz suggest good cpu but remember i'm gonna play games like fifa 16 and black ops3...only these two games...

35 minutes ago, simtransporter said:

The 750ti uses very little power, the reference designs don't have power connectors as the card takes all of it's power from the pcie slot.

I know, an EVGA 750ti was my first gpu. That said, that in addition to all his other components is probably pushing it for a 220w psu.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿