Finally, getting a new/ upgraded build! But...

Hello!

First off, I want to apologize the numerous posts about my upgrade plannings in the past, but FINALLY I have the money to do it! and I want to do it goood!

So, I am planning to upgrade my GPU and PSU and some other parts not so important like the case and maybe adding memory.

I am currently running on this build:

• CPU: Intel i5 4570 3.20Ghz
  • Motherboard: ASUS H97-PLUS
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2Gb
  • RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Fury, DDR3 1866MHz
  • PSU: LC-Power 700W semimodular (Really old and not sure about the model but maybe LC8700 V2.2 Hyperion. Bought it back in 2007-2008 I think).
  • SSD: Kingston 120Gb V300
  • HDD: 1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Looking to upgrade to these:

• GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 DirectCU II OC, 4Gb
  • PSU: Not sure what. I want to have reliable, good for electricity bills and sufficient PSU. Also gonna style the build a bit (sleeved cables) so modular cables are a plus.
  • RAM: Another kit of the same set I have but is it a overkill?

I'm using a 1440p monitor right now for my work but my PC is hooked to my 1080p TV. Soon I'll be having both my computers hooked up to the 1440p monitor so I need a system to run most games on high/ultra 45-60+ fps for the near future. I haven't landed on the GTX 970 yet and I'm asking for advice for this 1080p/1440p gaming. I've considered even the R9 390/390X or the GTX 980 but I am worried about the AMD power consumption. If I would go for the 390X would my bills increase significally or not so much that I'd notice? :D:D

I just need a GPU that runs for me the next 2-5 years at high fps for 1080p/1440p monitor but is reliable. Same goes for the PSU. I need it to cover my rig's power consumption but have no idea how to calculate it or choose a quality one.

I would order my components from http://www.mindfactory.de/ because of the cheaper prices (I live in Finland) allthough there is now a offer for the GTX 970 at my local store: Asus Strix GTX 970 DirectCU II OC, 4Gb + Samsung 850 EVO 250GB + Download codes for The Division and Far Cry Primal for just 399€

If you could suggest a GPU and PSU for me for this build for this use, I would be hugely appreciative since I could spend my money knowing I got every bang for the buck. My budget is flexible but want to keep it at value.

Thank you so much!

Edited by asplogin

Just now, asplogin said:

I am currently running on this build:

• CPU:

You are running on what?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Sorry, posted by mistake... writing the details as we speak, wait a few minutes ;'D Or how to delete this post and write a new one?

Just now, asplogin said:

Sorry, posted by mistake... writing the details as we speak, wait a few minutes ;'D Or how to delete this post and write a new one?

Edit

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, asplogin said:

I would get the R9 390 for 1440p, since it performs better in GPU bound situations (which higher resolutions cause). It will take around 410 watts while the 970 around 342 watts, difference isn't big to cause a huge change in the bill in most countries.

For the PSU get something from here you can afford:

Pascal laptops guide

7 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

I would get the R9 390 for 1440p, since it performs better in GPU bound situations (which higher resolutions cause). It will take around 410 watts while the 970 around 342 watts, difference isn't big to cause a huge change in the bill in most countries.

For the PSU get something from here you can afford:

Cant see anything about the PSU. Would this be a good PSU? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

Or how much wattage do I need?

1 hour ago, asplogin said:

Cant see anything about the PSU. Would this be a good PSU? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

Or how much wattage do I need?

That's a good one, 650W would be more than enough.

Pascal laptops guide