What custom things have you done on your Android phones?

13CA350

I've been thinking of going to Android from iOS recently, and I have a few questions. I always see that people claim they are "so customizeable" but I never really see why they are. 

What custom software tweaks have you guys made to your phones?

Well you can decide to put your apps on your home pages to show them or keep them in your app drawer, and you can also put widgets on any page. 

Plus, If you decide to root your phone, you can download any version or skin of android you want.

I have a One Plus One with Cyanogen. This is what I have on my personal flavor of android.

Themes

• Dark Android (Change Icons and App Tray)
  • Google Now Cards, I'm not sure what the IOS equivalent is but essentially it's a news feature that works like this.
  • Pattern Lock Screen(You can choose between pattern, Swipe, pin, password, or none), some phones support face unlock.

Functionality

• CCleaner - This is a big one for me. Though you can close apps on IOS, a lot of background processes are out of reach which is why so many android phones have better battery life than iPhones. Task managers on android are simply more custom.
  • Widgets, and a Traditional Desktop - another big player, your desktop is not your app tray and you can customize it with widgets and shortcuts to your hearts desire.
  • Developer Options - I'm sure I'll get alot of flack for this but programming apps on android is so much more hassle free than on IOS, you can do it on any device that supports the drivers and you plug it in and turn on debugging and you're off to the races. 

Networking

• Network selection(4G, LTE, etc) - As far as I'm aware of, iPhones have zero customization on which networks they connect to and you pretty much get what you get, as someone who travels, this would bug the <insert bad word> out of me.

There you have it, some things I prefer on my flavor of android.

I love the fact that I can just draw a C on the screen and the camera app opens up if I need to take a quick picture.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I have a video as my wallpaper (different from a live wallpaper).

I have swipe gestures for Google play, launcher settings, and dropping the notification shade without reaching the top of the screen.

IR remote widget for the TV

File explorer app...

Just little things that make the phone different from anyone else's

Video ⤵

https://goo.gl/photos/a1fgZSRrohrfjBnD9

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

I have Nova Launcher and Minimal UI icon pack. 

I have had B/W icons. But right now they have colors.

Example:

Screenshot_2015-10-14-17-13-04.png.e55a4

2014-10-26.png.e6375876b20bf14034659d362

Plus I get 2-3 days battery on my Sony Xperia Z3, which is great. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz