Cheap skylake MB for temporary

guys i just sold my (oversize and overprice MB) MSI Xpower, Ram and my case. for 320usd

i try to save money for better GPU then my old 390x (SOLD), probably 980ti.

since no performance difference (maybe) and as i said before (temporary) can i just use non z170 MB and go dirt cheap with something like H110 or B150?

this 

Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

is the cheapest one in http://pcpartpicker.com/ with good 4 Star review for only 52usd

the reason i go this way coz  i need DDR4 2x8 2400 (80usd) and i just got 50usd case (i bought already)

320 - 80 - 50 = 190usd 

for 190 usd i can get z170 MB but i need around 120usd for gtx 980ti, BUT

i have plan to buiid HTPC with only pentium G like 3-4 months later. so i can use that H110 / B150. and get better z170m for my 6600k

thx guys

MSI H110m Pro VH, supports 2133mhz but you can easily down clock in bios and you will not notice any difference. It also has HDMI which is a must for some, also how are you getting a 980 ti for 120 usd?

1 minute ago, Matty2hatty said:

MSI H110m Pro VH, supports 2133mhz but you can easily down clock in bios and you will not notice any difference. It also has HDMI which is a must for some, also how are you getting a 980 ti for 120 usd?

i'll check that one soon, coz i sold my 390x. sorry my bad

thank you

11 minutes ago, OC→JoinLinusMediaGroup said:

guys i just sold my (oversize and overprice MB) MSI Xpower, Ram and my case. for 320usd

i try to save money for better GPU then my old 390x (SOLD), probably 980ti.

since no performance difference (maybe) and as i said before (temporary) can i just use non z170 MB and go dirt cheap with something like H110 or B150?

this 

Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

is the cheapest one in http://pcpartpicker.com/ with good 4 Star review for only 52usd

the reason i go this way coz  i need DDR4 2x8 2400 (80usd) and i just got 50usd case (i bought already)

320 - 80 - 50 = 190usd 

for 190 usd i can get z170 MB but i need around 120usd for gtx 980ti, BUT

i have plan to buiid HTPC with only pentium G like 3-4 months later. so i can use that H110 / B150. and get better z170m for my 6600k

thx guys

My suggestion for your HTPC, I simply prefer the X4 860.  It's AMD but it's a quad core vs. dual core pentium and runs quite nicely.  

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Also I'm not too well versed on the boards SL CPU's work on, but I'm pretty sure SL only works with z170

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Just now, Marziman said:

My suggestion for your HTPC, I simply prefer the X4 860.  It's AMD but it's a quad core vs. dual core pentium and runs quite nicely.  

but i need MB now for my 6600k.

9 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

i can't use DDR4 on that board :(

2 minutes ago, OC→JoinLinusMediaGroup said:

but i need MB now for my 6600k.

So why not look at the cheap z170s

40 minutes ago, Matty2hatty said:

Finally, the image was playing up….

that's cheap, it's gonna be ok for my 6600k and ddr4 16 gb and gtx980ti right?