Fastest way to upload videos

peter325
Go to solution Solved by wyattzx,
Just now, peter325 said:

So 15 bitrate for 1080p 60fps 

@NonaHexa

Yes, that is good.

So Im currently uploading in 1080p at 60fps and usually my videos would upload over night but now that's not happening and the Internets jammed usually its not.I play games like heroes and generals,world of tanks,cs:go,gta5 and minecraft.

CPU:AMD FX-8320,CPU COOLER:Deepcool 400,MOBO:MSI 970A G-43,RAM:Corsair Vengance 8gb,Storage;Hitachi Deskstar 2TB,GPU:Nvidia Titan X,Case;Corsair 760t white,Power Supply;Corsair 750M,Optical drive:LG WH14NS40,Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home,Fans:6 x Cooler Master R4-L4S-10AB Clear Fans -http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DW3vJx

Umm get better internet?

But moving on to other factors

What video editor are you using? What file are you uploading the video as? (.wmv etc)

and I don't get why you listed your games when this is clearly just talking about improving the uploading your videos

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Umm get better internet?

But moving on to other factors

What video editor are you using? What file are you uploading the video as? (.wmv etc)

and I don't get why you listed your games when this is clearly just talking about improving the uploading your videos

Im not editing my videos and there uploading as an mp4 and I listed them just cause

@Theminecraftaddict555

CPU:AMD FX-8320,CPU COOLER:Deepcool 400,MOBO:MSI 970A G-43,RAM:Corsair Vengance 8gb,Storage;Hitachi Deskstar 2TB,GPU:Nvidia Titan X,Case;Corsair 760t white,Power Supply;Corsair 750M,Optical drive:LG WH14NS40,Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home,Fans:6 x Cooler Master R4-L4S-10AB Clear Fans -http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DW3vJx

Depends really on how you export them. The smaller the file the faster it uploads. Lot's of good tutorials on how to export but since you are not editing them that's different. You could give handbrake a chance, it will make your video files smaller and keep most of the quality.

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

1 minute ago, OLS said:

Depends really on how you export them. The smaller the file the faster it uploads. Lot's of good tutorials on how to export but since you are not editing them that's different. You could give handbrake a chance, it will make your video files smaller and keep most of the quality.

So should I still keep my 1080p 60fps? @OLS

First what do you use to record?

Second upload speed?

4 minutes ago, peter325 said:

So should I still keep my 1080p 60fps? @OLS

Well, normally you will most likely try to keep the settings you already have, you just want to get the reduced file size. :)

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

1 minute ago, Paper said:

First what do you use to record?

Second upload speed?

-Nvida Shadowplay

-1.42 upload

@Paper

Just now, OLS said:

Well, normally you will most likely try to keep the settings you already have, you just want to get the reduced file size. :)

ok ty 

@OLS

2 hours ago, peter325 said:

Im not editing my videos and there uploading as an mp4 and I listed them just cause

@Theminecraftaddict555

"just cause" mkay whatever...Informative 10/10 but lets move on to the topic

Hmm so no edits...But since you are uploading an mp4 file it shouldn't be too intensive...But wait are we talking about uploading to youtube right? If so, then it must be related to your wifi/internet and nothing else..Is there anyone in your house using the wifi or internet?  and how long are your videos that you are uploading?

2 hours ago, OLS said:

Oh and this

Ok what you need to do is, you can keep your settings 1080p 60fps but your uploading gb's worth of video since its not compressed. If you run it through windows movie maker with the exact same settings just since it compresses it you wont notice a difference in quality but the file size can be 900mbs for 20mins compared to 8gb from Shadowplay.

I upload with the same settings and I use shawdow play, But I use Sony Vegas not windows movie maker.

I have a file from shaodwplay that's Arma 3 7min =2.3gb

If you need anything else feel free to PM me.

2 minutes ago, Paper said:

But Handbrake is way better to compress video files then what Windows Movie Maker is, but that's my personal feelings of course and the ease of use that I like about handbrake, but you have to know alittle about files and stuff to use it, but as said. Lot's of good tutorials.

Handbreak I use as well to convert files from certain types, but I said movie maker from memory.

4 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

"just cause" mkay whatever...Informative 10/10 but lets move on to the topic

Hmm so no edits...But since you are uploading an mp4 file it shouldn't be too intensive...But wait are we talking about uploading to youtube right? If so, then it must be related to your wifi/internet and nothing else..Is there anyone in your house using the wifi or internet?  and how long are your videos that you are uploading?

Oh and this

my mom uses her laptop plus tv and I use an ipad mini @Theminecraftaddict555

my mom uses her laptop plus tv and I use an ipad mini @Theminecraftaddict555

At the same time when you are uploading?  Good chance that it is negatively impacting your upload speed on youtube if that is the case 

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

At the same time when you are uploading?  Good chance that it is negatively impacting your upload speed on youtube if that is the case 

Thats what I keep telling her @Theminecraftaddict555

But again it could be that your file size is huge...

44 minutes ago, peter325 said:

So Im currently uploading in 1080p at 60fps and usually my videos would upload over night but now that's not happening and the Internets jammed usually its not.I play games like heroes and generals,world of tanks,cs:go,gta5 and minecraft.

Hello Peter, unfortunately there's not much else you can do to upload your videos faster except compressing the video more with Handbrake(might decrease video quality) and/or get a better internet package.

You could also record in 720p60fps, so you retain the smooth framerate on your videos and decrease the file size in the progress. I don't know many people who watch videos in 1080p or higher, I personally watch everything in 720p since there's no difference to me when watching a video. Your call on this one. I would do some testing and see what the file sizes are like and if you can spot any differences in quality when comparing a 1080p and 720p recording.

There's not much else I can suggest personally. Best of luck!

13 hours ago, EChondo said:

Hello Peter, unfortunately there's not much else you can do to upload your videos faster except compressing the video more with Handbrake(might decrease video quality) and/or get a better internet package.

You could also record in 720p60fps, so you retain the smooth framerate on your videos and decrease the file size in the progress. I don't know many people who watch videos in 1080p or higher, I personally watch everything in 720p since there's no difference to me when watching a video. Your call on this one. I would do some testing and see what the file sizes are like and if you can spot any differences in quality when comparing a 1080p and 720p recording.

There's not much else I can suggest personally. Best of luck!

This is a very late reply, but I did want to inform you.

Decreasing the resolution of the video file from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 will not reduce the filesize of videos unless the bitrate is also reduced. What you can do, however, is reduce the resolution and the bitrate, and that will bring down your filesize. Because @peter325 is using ShadowPlay, he has to reduce his resolution and bitrate independent of each other. By default, ShadowPlay will record at your native resolution, and with a 50mbps bitrate. This will result in its standard 10:00 duration creating a 3.8GB file. With an upload of 1.42mb/sec, your upload times are going to be somewhere around 5 hours, if my math is correct. While I'm not sure if this accurately reflects the times of the uploads that the OP was seeing, it does mathematically represent the time estimation. 

11 hours ago, NonaHexa said:

This is a very late reply, but I did want to inform you.

Decreasing the resolution of the video file from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 will not reduce the filesize of videos unless the bitrate is also reduced. What you can do, however, is reduce the resolution and the bitrate, and that will bring down your filesize. Because @peter325 is using ShadowPlay, he has to reduce his resolution and bitrate independent of each other. By default, ShadowPlay will record at your native resolution, and with a 50mbps bitrate. This will result in its standard 10:00 duration creating a 3.8GB file. With an upload of 1.42mb/sec, your upload times are going to be somewhere around 5 hours, if my math is correct. While I'm not sure if this accurately reflects the times of the uploads that the OP was seeing, it does mathematically represent the time estimation. 

So what should I set my biterat to then? @NonaHexa

35 minutes ago, peter325 said:

So what should I set my biterat to then? @NonaHexa

For 720p, 10mbps is fine!

Just now, NonaHexa said:

For 720p, 10mbps is fine!

whata bout 1080p 60fps 

@NonaHexa

3 hours ago, peter325 said:

whata bout 1080p 60fps 

@NonaHexa

10mbps is fine for that as well. For YouTube, you'll want at least a 15mbps bitrate for 1080p though, but I personally only used 10mbps for my 60fps uploads. 

8 hours ago, NonaHexa said:

10mbps is fine for that as well. For YouTube, you'll want at least a 15mbps bitrate for 1080p though, but I personally only used 10mbps for my 60fps uploads. 

8 hours ago, NonaHexa said:

So 15 bitrate for 1080p 60fps 

@NonaHexa