Tools

Jonathantje
Go to solution Solved by brob,

Depends on your case. Having a Phillips head screwdriver or 1/4" hex nut driver is generally the most that is needed. Although having an inexpensive 3-prong grabber is often useful. If you have bought additional fans, you will need a medium Phillips head screwdriver.

In low static environments, if one is careful a wrist/leg anti-static strap is not needed. Mount the psu in the case. Make sure the switch on the back of the psu is in the off position. Plug the unit into a wall outlet. The case is now grounded. Simply touch a metal part of the case periodically to normalize your body. If you wish to be extra cautious handling some components keep one hand on a metal portion of the case.

I am going to build a pc for the first time in a few weeks.

Which tools would you recommend me to buy:

- Is there some kind of all-in-one pc building kit?

- Is an anti-static wrist band or something simular worth it, and what exactly should I get?

I live in europe.

Intel Core 6700K | Gigabyte GTX 970 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Blue 2TB

EVGA Supernova G2 750 | Microsoft Windows 10 | 2x 1080p monitors

A screw driver is really all you need. I didn't. Use any anti static stuck. Just touch your case a metal part on your case every once in a while to discharge static.

1010011010/29A

You don't need any more, i'm right here.

jk, a screwdriver (normal phillips) will do fine.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

You got hands?

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

screwdrive, also make sure to ground yourself before building, you really dont need an anti static strap IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Depends on your case. Having a Phillips head screwdriver or 1/4" hex nut driver is generally the most that is needed. Although having an inexpensive 3-prong grabber is often useful. If you have bought additional fans, you will need a medium Phillips head screwdriver.

In low static environments, if one is careful a wrist/leg anti-static strap is not needed. Mount the psu in the case. Make sure the switch on the back of the psu is in the off position. Plug the unit into a wall outlet. The case is now grounded. Simply touch a metal part of the case periodically to normalize your body. If you wish to be extra cautious handling some components keep one hand on a metal portion of the case.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.