5960X 3.86GHz @ .95 vocre ok?

Shouldn't the safe voltage be similar to that of a haswell chip?  If so, yes, it's ok, and yes, you should definitely overclock more :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Shouldn't the safe voltage be similar to that of a haswell chip?  If so, yes, it's ok, and yes, you should definitely overclock more :)

The 5960X is a Haswell chip.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

The 5960X is a Haswell chip.

I meant like a non-extreme haswell, like a 4790k

So, yes?  I'm right about the voltage then? :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I meant like a non-extreme haswell, like a 4790k

So, yes?  I'm right about the voltage then? :)

Yes, as far as I can tell.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Yes, as far as I can tell.

Then, back to OP: I would crank it up to 1.2 v and see how fast you can get it.  Should be pretty impressive!

Yea haswell-e  is cool under 1.4V but you will probably  also want to move vccin  up to 1.95V 

You should easily hit 4.5 at 1.3V

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

12 hours ago, KemoKa said:

My friend, the Silicon Lottery has chosen you to be the Champion. Go. Overclock the shit out of that processor. You basically owe it to yourself.

That I shall do.