Looking for a high quality surge protector

Virtual01

Not sure where to post this, but this seems like an ok place.

I'm looking for a high quality surge protector that can actually protect against a surge, not just act as a power strip. Pretty sure the one I'm using now cost like 12 bucks at Lowes and is probably close to 10 years old. I've got almost $3000 worth of hardware connected to my current strip at any given time and I'd really like to feel safe about it (PC, Monitor, Speakers, handheld gaming systems, phone). Any suggestions would be great. My only requirement is that it has to have a straight plug, not a 90 degree one because I also have my powerline adapter in the same wall socket this will be plugged into.

Surge Protectors are really useful.

I use one from Belkin (don't remember the model) which was for around $15 with 6 sockets (got that in an online sale actual price may vary).

Also, A UPS is also very handy it will surely cost more but will serve the function of both backup power and most of the good ones come with built in surge protector so that.

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

1 hour ago, Virtual01 said:

Not sure where to post this, but this seems like an ok place.

I'm looking for a high quality surge protector that can actually protect against a surge, not just act as a power strip. Pretty sure the one I'm using now cost like 12 bucks at Lowes and is probably close to 10 years old. I've got almost $3000 worth of hardware connected to my current strip at any given time and I'd really like to feel safe about it (PC, Monitor, Speakers, handheld gaming systems, phone). Any suggestions would be great. My only requirement is that it has to have a straight plug, not a 90 degree one because I also have my powerline adapter in the same wall socket this will be plugged into.

In very very general terms higher joules is better, but look for good qulaity brands like APC, Belkin, GE, Philips, the Tripplite mentioned.

I usually recommend this one from APC since it will have everything you would usually need:

http://www.amazon.com/APC-P11VNT3-Performance-SurgeArrest-Protection/dp/B0012YFXSW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1455692181&sr=8-5