Will uninstalling Bad rats on steam reset the save for that game?

Theminecraftaddict555

Just wondering since I saw it on my old laptop and liked it for a while <<For some reason but in the end I got bored of it and though it was BS 

And it has no steam cloud save and I believe its a single player game too

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

I believe you can just backup the game files.

Don't know about "sync" though.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

2 hours ago, Ddave said:

I believe you can just backup the game files.

Don't know about "sync" though.

I mean if i just uninstalled it right now without doing any manual backup, would the save files be gone

4 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I mean if i just uninstalled it right now without doing any manual backup, would the save files be gone

since to uninstall you have to delete the local content yes it would 

1010011010/29A

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Huh... you... mean... people... actually... liked Bad Rats?

don't put 5 ellipses in each sentence :((

So since I uninstalled it right now, I would lose all of that data that I progressed through right?

2 hours ago, Mazeman03 said:

since to uninstall you have to delete the local content yes it would 

Thank you, finally someone that answered the dang question and not go off topic 

14 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

So since I uninstalled it right now, I would lose all of that data that I progressed through right?

If the game has no Steam Cloud support, uninstalling the game may delete your saves. I don't know for sure where Bad Rats keeps them, but many games put configuration files and saved game data in the Documents or Documents/My Games folder. You may simply see a folder somewhere in there named Bad Rats. That's what you'd need to back up.

Then being said, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see a developer like this follow sensible conventions for anything. :P

2 hours ago, typographie said:

If the game has no Steam Cloud support, uninstalling the game may delete your saves. I don't know for sure where Bad Rats keeps them, but many games put configuration files and saved game data in the Documents or Documents/My Games folder. You may simply see a folder somewhere in there named Bad Rats. That's what you'd need to back up.

Then being said, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see a developer like this follow sensible conventions for anything. :P

It has no steam cloud support and oddly enough my friend has another game "FF7" and when he accidentally uninstalled and then reinstalled it, he still had the game save files

so not sure if bad rats does the same thing 

On 17/02/2016 at 3:34 AM, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Just wondering since I saw it on my old laptop and liked it for a while <<For some reason but in the end I got bored of it and though it was BS 

And it has no steam cloud save and I believe its a single player game too

I 100% doubt it has steam cloud support so no

and nobody likes it,.. its the worst game ever, thats why ever steam sale I buy 10 copies and send them to all my friends hahaha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I 100% doubt it has steam cloud support so no

and nobody likes it,.. its the worst game ever, thats why ever steam sale I buy 10 copies and send them to all my friends hahaha

So the save files would be gone correct?

3 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

So the save files would be gone correct?

yes (might be a local save file somewhere)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

47 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

yes (might be a local save file somewhere)

Yeah well I already uninstalled it without backing it up....So whatever the save is gone 

5 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Yeah well I already uninstalled it without backing it up....So whatever the save is gone 

I meant that sometimes the save files in like "my documents" remain behind

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I meant that sometimes the save files in like "my documents" remain behind

nope got nothing in the documents

9 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

nope got nothing in the documents

Dig around in the game's install directory (probably …/Steam/steamapps/common/Bad Rats or something like that), maybe you'll see something there.